A question about 2008 tactics in FM 2009?

I moved all my tactics over to try out in a few Friendlies to see how they would fare, obviously aware that certain arrows would be different due to no Sarrows and Curved arrows.

I loaded up my V Formation and was a bit flumoxed to see Farrows all over the place rather than Barrows. Ok not a problem until I looked at the Player Instrictions screens and the instructions were all over the place with my Goalkeeper on FWR and my special crossing ideas for players had dissappeared!!!

I assumed that as the Player instructions were the same it was possible to move tactics to 09 without the set ups being changed. My memory isn't great so I can't remember what all the instructions were!! Funny thing is the Team Instructions and basic formation remain the same.

Is there a reason for this as I am somewhat confused. Thanks.

Well, the arrows issue is probably because arrows no longer mean the same thing as before. Instead of making your players move to the new position, they're merely a visual representation of the forward runs setting. So the "Barrows becoming Farrows" is probably because you had a player who had a barrow but FWR often.

As for not remembering the settings, why not load it up in '08 and write them down ;)

Well, the arrows issue is probably because arrows no longer mean the same thing as before. Instead of making your players move to the new position, they're merely a visual representation of the forward runs setting. So the "Barrows becoming Farrows" is probably because you had a player who had a barrow but FWR often.

As for not remembering the settings, why not load it up in '08 and write them down ;)

Lol yes I could do that, I'm just intrigued as to why settings aren't remembered despite the players settings on 09 being the same because in all previous incarnations you could swap tactics over without them changing.

Archived