Robinho

What team and player tactics should I use to get the best out of Robinho?

robgr8.jpg

I currently have him playing as a lone striker, but not enough goals are coming against premier league sides.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Well first up im no tactics guru, in fact the last full version of FM i played was FM07 so i may not be best placed to comment.

But from what i know i dont think he is best used as a lone striker, his strength and work rate are far to low for starters.

But if you really want to play him up top on his own maybe try using a system with left and right attacking midfielders who can support him almost like second and third strikers, or maybe have him drop deep off the front so hes almost playing as a AMC and then allow the central midfielders to link up with him.

However id really consider NOT playing him as a lone striker, at least not in a traditional sense, bear in mind he is quite adept at playing down the wings so maybe buy a target man and have Robinho playing down one of the flanks as an AML/R??

Id say since hes an attacking player with good technique, dribbling skills and creativity that he should have

attacking mentality

run with ball

creativity

I cannot possibly see why you have him as a lone striker. He has no target man attributes other then his pace, which if the opposition sits further back, which they will, he cant run onto balls behind them.

He should be dropping off a target man.

Vela is a better option, but he is probably going to struggle there a little also.

Theres a reason that most of the teams in real life use big, tall, strong lone strikers, whos job it is to fight hard and win the ball, and hold it up for the rest of the team, and get on the end of crosses.

Putting a skillfull player, up front alone, with several large, strong defenders is never going to be great for the striker.

Teaming him with a Drogba or Adebayor, or even a tall player like Berbatov, or a strong determined player like Torres. Notice all the top teams have these sorts of players.

Why not try playing Robinho and Vela up front together, Vela as the poacher / out and out striker with his finishing and composure, and Robinho playing slightly behind him, supplying dangerous runs and passes and drawing defenders out.

Archived