Tactics for lower league teams

Has anyone got a clue on 4-4-2 tactics for 09 whilst managing teams from the conference/D2?

I thought of starting a new game unemployed but i am struggling with the caliber of players at my disposal because they are all pants.

By the way i am playing as Mansfield (no wonder,they are pants in real life.He He)

I am also having the same problem. I started unemployed and was offered the post at Darlington. They have got some terrible players and am just keeping my head above the relegation zone!! I am struggling to get to grips with the tactics side, so any help here will also be appreciated :)

I've always used same tactic from BSP to EPL. Only played and won 1 friendly with Oxford in BSP with same tactic as I'm testing with Chelsea and Spurs. At this level you need to improve squad with free transfers and loans.

if anyone is interested i've got a home and away tactic that has seen me win the blue square north and finish 3rd and win the conference playoff in 2 years with gateshead, i' at the mo i'm 7th in my first season in league 2, i've also won the fa trophy.

if anyone is interested i've got a home and away tactic that has seen me win the blue square north and finish 3rd and win the conference playoff in 2 years with gateshead, i' at the mo i'm 7th in my first season in league 2, i've also won the fa trophy.

Post it here and I'll have a look at it.

Would definitely be interested in your tactic as I'm also playing as Gateshead and having a hard time getting out of the drop zone.

Playing with Farsley. I'm trying a bunch of tactics from TTR but having little luck. Tried some of my old tactics from 08 with no luck. When I let my ass man take a game he wins handily. Getting frustrated. 09 is harder, for sure, than 08.

• 2 months later...
I had a lot of success with BSP teams using a 433. The idea here was to play long ball football to a targetman.

:cool: I've done the same with Chester City. Playing a 4-1-4-1 with a 6,3 targetman and two wingers. Very direct and very effective just needs time to bed in as i needed to loan players so i could achieve this.

So yet again, 4-4-2 doesn't work on this game?

It does, i'm trying to develop one for use but having to take some idea's from the 4-1-4-1 and implement them. Best thing to do is have a balanced cautious approach at home and a defensive one away. Once you are happy with it start to develop the balanced tactic into a more attacking tactic to use at home.

Archived