Game Freezing

Guys I have had the game since release date and i have yet to take control of a match. My game keeps on freezing and its getting beyond a joke now at this stage. When i click on a result for another teams match the game freezes and i cant do anything but end process. I have a high spec laptop so dont know what the problem is at all.

I really could do with some help here SI.

Thanks

Guys I have had the game since release date and i have yet to take control of a match. My game keeps on freezing and its getting beyond a joke now at this stage. When i click on a result for another teams match the game freezes and i cant do anything but end process. I have a high spec laptop so dont know what the problem is at all.

I really could do with some help here SI.

Thanks

It's a known issue which I suffer from myself.If you try it in windowed mode then it should work.

Go to- Options

Preferences

Display sound

Display mode

Then change it from default to windowed.This should work although it has not for everyone.

Let me know how you get on :)

It's a known issue which I suffer from myself.If you try it in windowed mode then it should work.

Go to- Options

Preferences

Display sound

Display mode

Then change it from default to windowed.This should work although it has not for everyone.

Let me know how you get on :)

Surely this shouldnt be the case ?

Surely this shouldnt be the case ?

No it shouldn't, in-fact it's diabolical that people with machines way above the minimum specs have to play it like this but it's the only option until they fix it.

So a simple windows update should fix it ? I haven't contacted anybody because unfortunately i don't have any phone number and im based in Ireland. I shall try that update now.

Honestly, with no information about your PC it's really difficult to categorically say what's causing the issue much less how to fix it, but with most indeterminate PC problems you can have a good hack at them with newer drivers and updated DirectX.

You can try windowed mode and see if it helps.

To disable threading you go to the preferences menu and untick the box.

I've seen these assist with crashes - that doesn't mean they will with yours.

Incidentally - my badge is wrong, I'm not a mod, I'm just a marketing bloke who's read a few too many of these threads over the last few days...:( Trying to help.

Customer services is the way to go if none of these help...

How do I do this ?

So basically the answer the moderator gave me is wrong ? I need to play the game in window mode to avoid freezing ??

Im confused sorry guys

Thanks for the replies

What Matt said. You can turn off "threading" under preference. A few others who use high spec machines to play the game encounter the same problem and we seem to solve it by turning off "threading"

If you speak to the Customer Services group they'll give you advice about what to do to minimise the chances of the freezing in terms of newer drivers, DirectX etc. I'm sorry - that's beyond my technical skills to do, its why we have the CS guys.

If it transpires to be a code issue causing the freezing, SI will attempt to fix it in a patch. However - in my albeit limited experience, freezes and crashes that don't affect MOST or EVERY game tend to be subject to something on the machine locally that causes issues with the game running...

Archived