2D or 3D?

Hey guys, First post, I did have many on another account (TomHAVFC) but it won't let me log in now for some reason so I have had to create a new account. But back to the main reason I'm here. After a few minutes of careful concentration I decided to change my match screen view from the 3D pitch to the legendary 2D one. Now I was just wondering on how many people have changed their choice after realising that the 3D is pretty, well, pretty poor basically.

Never thought much of the 3D engine to be honest. Always played with 2D/commentary, and probably always will. But in 09 (classic mode) the pitch size is considerably smaller than on 08, making it hard to see the player numbers, etc. Not very fond of it, but will be getting used to it!

My PC wasn't handling the 3D view very well on the demo... it was too jerky and annoying, so I had a look at the new 2D mode the classic 2D mode and decided to switch to classic 2D for the rest of the time I played the demo (all the way to the end with Sunderland AFC then most of the way to the end with Stafford Rangers). :cool::p

My full version still isn't working though. :(

Hope it's sorted soon.

I tried to force myself to use the 3d but I gave up and switched to 2d after a few games.

i think the main prob is that the 2d lets you see a football match and covers alot of the inacuracies. Whilst the 3d makes it more visual and that is a step forward, it also exposes many little things taht are very annoying. The Prime example for me is goalkeepers. in 2d its hard to tell how the goelie makes saves. In 3d the ball usually hits him. It basically makes keepers look really stupid. Any way im sure 3d will get better and as long as 2d is still around i see no reason to make a big fuss

Archived