Teams have no money

Liverpool if you believe what's being reported are heading for financial meltdown,with Gillett/Hicks being refused any more deals with banks

almost all teams have been hit but the credit crunch.. especially american owners. We are seeing it all around. Liverpool put their plans for a stadium on hold.. Chelsea backed out of Robinho bid.... United waiting till the end of Tevez' contract before paying transfer fee...

Seems like Man city are the only immune ones.

Liverpool if you believe what's being reported are heading for financial meltdown,with Gillett/Hicks being refused any more deals with banks

If I'm not mistaken they have a very large big ballon payment due in December which they don't have. If they can't refinance, they may have to sell the club.

Liverpool are currently in a very sketchy financial position IRL - according to their own accountant - to the extent there are some worries over paying for babel and torres.

Everton used this seasons transfer kitty to pay for yakubu last year.

God knows about villa - but they've been fairly active over the past couple of years in the transfer market and it wouldn't surprise me if they've pushed their luck in the transfer market.

Liverpool are currently in a very sketchy financial position IRL - according to their own accountant - to the extent there are some worries over paying for babel and torres.

Everton used this seasons transfer kitty to pay for yakubu last year.

God knows about villa - but they've been fairly active over the past couple of years in the transfer market and it wouldn't surprise me if they've pushed their luck in the transfer market.

:thup:

Liverpool also signed £20m worth iof Keane and Riera. Everton spent £11m on Felaini (sp) and Villa signed Sidwell, Young and Shorey. Essentially, when you take over the club, their previous manager has spent all of the transfer budget :p

Archived