Official FM2009 Normal Match Report Thread

Yes here it is. Due to demand by absolutely no-one here is a thread where you can detail all your average and run of the mill matches which don't decide cups, don't decide titles and would interest almost nobody.

Sheffield United - Charlton*

Coca-Cola Championship

So coming into this match, my fourteenth of the season I was conceding a goal a game and hadn't had a clean sheet all season. Nicky Weaver was noted to by Parkinson to be giving the ball away a lot so I decided to swap him for Rob Elliot, bring a moany Jose Semedo back and go really defensive. Well let's just say Sheffield United knocked and knocked on the door; Charlton defended gamely Semedo putting in tackles all over the shop. We were living on the edge for a lot of the second half while I even had to move Nicky Bailey to DM late on and lo and behold when the final whistle went Jose Semedo's MOTM performance ensured that Charlton kept their first clean sheet of the season in Rob Elliot's first game.

A moral victory for the manager who needs 3 points against Donny at home to keep the momentum up. Well played Addicks.

Final Score 0-0

Archived