Downloaded from Steam: Are you getting the Softanchor pop up?

If have downloaded and authenticated the game on Steam, yet are still having the Softanchor window pop up telling you to buy a new licence then try this:

Go to the Steam directory C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\footballmanager 2009 , find the FM exe file and right click on it to make a shortcut. Send/drag that shortcut to the desktop. Now use that to start FM rather than starting it via Steam.

The above has worked for another forum member who's kindly passed this on to me.

Just a quick one on this subject, as I've read so many things I'm not sure on how it should be:

When using Steam, should there be a Softanchor popup at all? As I've used it on 2 machines, and not a peep about it, despite Steam itself displaying my code and telling me to enter it when asked, and seeing it mentioned a quadrillion times on here.

If have downloaded and authenticated the game on Steam, yet are still having the Softanchor window pop up telling you to buy a new licence then try this:

Go to the Steam directory C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\footballmanager 2009 , find the FM exe file and right click on it to make a shortcut. Send/drag that shortcut to the desktop. Now use that to start FM rather than starting it via Steam.

The above has worked for another forum member who's kindly passed this on to me.

Or go into steam go to the games tab and you should see fm09 right click on fm 09 then options will come up then click on create desktop icon, go to the desktop and right click on the fm icon and run as administrator and it should work fine.

Archived