Myth or not?

I played the first season until march where I watched every match in 3D with key moments.

My scores were constantly 1-0 or 2-1.

Now in march I changed to watching the matches through commentary only and suddenly I win my matches with 3-0 and more. The discussion has been on for the last few years whether watching the match through commentary or the graphical view makes a difference. It has always been put down to coincident when results vary so drastically between the 2 ways.

I must say that I am actually starting to believe that it does make a difference. Bojan and Henry who both couldn't score if they stood inside the goal during my season, all of a sudden they hammer goals in left and right.

It does make you wonder

I believe there is a difference. It doesnt seamlessly switch between the three at the same time, if you notice when you choose one option (3D) it will load the config, takes a little while and when you switch to 2D or commentary you will get a sudden change to the action. Eg. An attack is happening and by changing view it will go for a corner/freekick or change of action. There is an obvious change.

Appearances = league + cups + Europe

Surely the Match Engine is still playing out the game in an identical way whether you watch in 3D, 2D or commentary (Otherwise how would you be able to seamlessly switch between the 3 at any point in the match?)

Correct, and to add balance I used to go to full highlights when chasing a game... christ knows why, if there's gonna be a goal it'll be in the highlights. :D

The match engine is the same no matter what format you use. 2D/3D/Commentary-only are merely graphical representations of the match engine (ie, the calculations made by your PC based on the available data - player attributes, tactics, etc).

I once thought like this around 2007 but realised it was because the game ran smoother and faster in commentary only and I was more likely to make small tweaks throughout the game. Might be the same for you, might not. But the first paragraph is the official answer given time and again last season.

Archived