Who's got the biggest stadium?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Have a look at North Korea icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ohhh my god 145000 and it's called may day funny

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

That's a mistake (Wikipedia has it wrong too).

North Korea play their home games at Kim Il Sung Stadium (Capacity 70,000).

The May Day Stadium does't host football, It hosts mass gymnastics.

It's a mighty impressive stadium though (I've been).

India still beats you though...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G-Man11:

Yep the National Stadium of North Korea is the largest stadium in the world (for any sport) however it is rarely used other than for Military Parades. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've just seen pictures of it it looks cool but unfortunately you're right sport isn't it's main priority

In my current game, my board wont get their lazy rears over 61k, as Essex planning permission has suddenly got super-tight and over half a billion in the bank isn't enough for a new one. *sigh*

Anyway, the largest I've seen in a previous game was ManU and Juventus, who both got to 125k. Strangely, I was still a much richer club at BVB with only 80k.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

India still beats you though... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Entirely off topic (sorry) but North Korea's not exactly a tourist hot spot...how'd that come about?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

biggest stadium in the world irl is the Maracana in Rio, holds 200,000 all seater </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the 50s maybe but it now only holds around 95000.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coach_casa:

I didn't check the validity of each stadium, but here is a list of the top 10 stadiums in the world by attendance.

http://www.top10land.com/top-ten-biggest-sports-stadiums-in-the-world.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just checked the list, 3 of the stadiums in the list are for College Football teams in the US icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daemonic:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coach_casa:

I didn't check the validity of each stadium, but here is a list of the top 10 stadiums in the world by attendance.

http://www.top10land.com/top-ten-biggest-sports-stadiums-in-the-world.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just checked the list, 3 of the stadiums in the list are for College Football teams in the US icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4 icon_razz.gif michican, penn state, tennessee, and ohio state. guessing the rose bowl isn't far off either. and all 4 are guaranteed sell outs every week as well, massive popularity for the sport.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

India still beats you though... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Entirely off topic (sorry) but North Korea's not exactly a tourist hot spot...how'd that come about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fancied somewhere 'a bit off the beaten track' for my holidays last year, and found a nice british run-beijing based tour operator which only do trips to North Korea.

It's surprisinly cheap for what you get.

I'd reccomend it to anyone.

So I will...

http://www.koryogroup.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grateful One:

Stadium of the Indian Youth in India holds 120,000 but that one too is multi purpose.

Estadio Azteca in Mexico is over 114,000 and I think its exclusively for football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its the Salt Lake Stadium and is used for Football...

Just 2 days Oliver Kahn played his last match before Bayern in Salt Lake Stadium

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Prank Emperor:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grateful One:

Stadium of the Indian Youth in India holds 120,000 but that one too is multi purpose.

Estadio Azteca in Mexico is over 114,000 and I think its exclusively for football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its the Salt Lake Stadium and is used for Football...

Just 2 days Oliver Kahn played his last match before Bayern in Salt Lake Stadium </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he meant it is multi purpose as in a lot of the major clubs in India use it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daemonic:

Just checked the list, 3 of the stadiums in the list are for College Football teams in the US icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeh, if you look at say the endowment of Cambridge University, its about £4bn. It along with Oxford are the richest Universities in the UK. Now, if you compare Cambridge in the UK to Cambridge in the US i.e. Harvard, its endowmen is about £20bn. But then I guess its a trade-off for £100,000 in fees!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

That Michigan Stadium isn't half ugly..

And the Ohio one looks like the back of someone's shoe.* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*In a bad way. Some 'horse shoe' buildings can look rather good. icon_biggrin.gif

Maracana FTW.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but also had an official attendance of 199,500 for the 1950 World Cup Final </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G-Man11:

Yep the National Stadium of North Korea is the largest stadium in the world (for any sport) however it is rarely used other than for Military Parades. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's also worth pointing out that the stadium is depressing - 150,000 grey seats that are always empty.

Archived