Chances of running into trouble

Hello,

I've been wondering wether to buy FM2009 right from release day, because with FM2008 I had some frustrating times before the final patch was released.

So I came in to check what people were saying in the forums. And I got a bit scared with the amount of people having trouble with the game, to the extent of not even beeing able to activate it and get it working.

On the other hand, the forum may give a somewhat distorted view of what's happening, because people who ran into problems are more likely to come here and complain about their troubles, while all the others (who didn't find problems or worked their way past them) are peacefully away, probably playing their games.

My question is: what are the odds of finding some kind of showstopping problem? Is it reasonably safe to go out now and buy a copy of the game or should I wait?

Very grateful for all your advice.

(and BTW demo seemed to work fine on my PC)

I don't want to be a pain in the a** but I really need some opinions. Especially on the activation system. I'm a bit lost with all this talk about "Steam activation" and "Uniloc" activation and what not. It may be familiar stuff for english people but I don't have a clue what you're on about.

OK.

We definitely had issues with the online and phone activations. The online activations now works fine and is easy - it's just a small extra part of the install and can add some value - no need for CD in drive, auto-patching if you install through Steam etc.

If the demo ran OK it's unlikely that you'll struggle with the main game and Customer Services will help you out if you do.

Hope that helps a little.

Archived