Dominating possession ..

.. As the title says .. in FM09 I tend to dominate possesion a lot (60-40) .. Passing is great .. (80%) .. yet, specifically in away games, they oppo is getting the chances ..

As an example I'm currently play (its low level - Blue Square North) .. I'm away from home using the Role Theory from TT&F ..

I'm 58% possesion .. with 79% successful passes .. yet I'm being out-shot 9 to 2 (game is currently 1-1 in score). So as you can see .. I'm dominating .. but not creating anything ..

Obviously, the players are no better than pub players .. so not exactly blessed with flair and creativity ..

In games when I've upped the tempo to get it forward more quickly .. the passing goes to pot .. and I give it away all over ... likewise by making my more attacking players a little more direct .. can't seem to find a solution

442 .. Got two strikers up front .. one guy is a 15 jumper and the other guy is speedy (ish - 13 I think off the top of my head - not bad for the level of football). Wingers are also good for the level (1 is an onload kid from a premier league team) while my other winger is my top rated guy in the team (7.43 for the season - good rating, yet with no end result!).

Gah .. I don't want to raise long shots at all .. my best long distance shooter has about 6 for his stats .. would bring down too many over-flying aircraft ..

It seems the only time my fastish striker gets through on goal is from a long punt from my keeper .. everything with my through-ball players guys just seems to die a death, get blocked or - more often than not - they just don't play it despite the runs being made.

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have tried a few formations based on the brief look through the tactical theorems pdf that was posted.

I dominate almost every game - 55% to 60% possesion, pass 65% to 75% completion, more shots, more on target but I either loose or draw. I had a terrible start to the first half of the season and adopted theories from the pdf halfway through and although I'm playing far better i'm actually winning less.

Im in the blue square south so similar standard of football - maybe you cant play good football in that league? Or maybe my poor start had an effect on the team. I'm really waiting till next season (if im not sacked) to see if it makes a difference.

Anyone tips would be great. I guess in the meantime I'll have to have a more in depth look at that pdf....

Archived