Uninstalling

I have to completely reset my pc so I need to uninstall FM, where is the information on how many installs I have left stored? Is there a specific way to uninstall the game to get the install back? Or as a better option is there a way to leave the game on the pc but to unauthorise it?

Go to control panel & uninstall programmes. It should ask "do you wish to deactivate the licence" you tick yes & as I understand it that releases the licence back. I installed via steam then uninstalled steam when I uninstalled the game.

I have looked in there, the only thing I can find is Steam.... :S

I have looked in the manual, and guess what, found nothing... Please help :)

I have looked in there, the only thing I can find is Steam.... :S

I have looked in the manual, and guess what, found nothing... Please help :)

You should be able to uninstall steam from the uninstall section in the control panel. Did you activate the programme via steam? If you uninstall it I am not sure about the licence release but if you have activated it then you only have to do it once and should be able to re-install and play. When I re-installed I did not use steam.

You should be able to uninstall steam from the uninstall section in the control panel. Did you activate the programme via steam? If you uninstall it I am not sure about the licence release but if you have activated it then you only have to do it once and should be able to re-install and play. When I re-installed I did not use steam.

Ok.. I have to be sure because I may have reinstalled it the wrong way when we all had the "activation" problem... Dont know exactly how many keys I have left!

Someone from SI, please help !!!!

Will this be enough to uninstall?

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3)Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

( http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131 )

The link looks like it is explaining uninstalling the certificate to help overcome an activation error it does not seem to uninstall the game. If you installed the game using steam then the software is not on your set but I assume the certificate is. I would imagine if you have the certificate then you have an active licence and to release it you delete the certificate.

The link looks like it is explaining uninstalling the certificate to help overcome an activation error it does not seem to uninstall the game. If you installed the game using steam then the software is not on your set but I assume the certificate is. I would imagine if you have the certificate then you have an active licence and to release it you delete the certificate.

Sorry, I dont care if the game will be uninstalled, I want to uninstall the certificate... I will try the guide then...

Archived