Suggestion: Career Mode / Becoming Chairman

I know that some people will disagree with me, but I would like to see a new career mode on FM2009.

This would involve starting as unemployed, and finding a lower league job. Then you will be able to earn career earnings as the game goes on and then you can go and buy houses, cars and get a wife etc. Perhaps when you earn enough cash, you can buy a club and become chairman and find a manager, sort out the funds for the manager, sort out the facilites for your club and improve your clubs town with youth facilities etc. Something similar to one of the previous FIFA manager games.

I would not want this mode as standard though, and think it would be a good addition to the main menu screen where you can select a normal game or a career game.

What you guys think?

I know that some people will disagree with me, but I would like to see a new career mode on FM2009.

This would involve starting as unemployed, and finding a lower league job. Then you will be able to earn career earnings as the game goes on and then you can go and buy houses, cars and get a wife etc. Perhaps when you earn enough cash, you can buy a club and become chairman and find a manager, sort out the funds for the manager, sort out the facilites for your club and improve your clubs town with youth facilities etc. Something similar to one of the previous FIFA manager games.

I would not want this mode as standard though, and think it would be a good addition to the main menu screen where you can select a normal game or a career game.

What you guys think?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottP7:

what you mean by that? I stated that it should be an additional mode, not implemented into the original game.

It would be a simulation, a 'career' simulation of a football manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This "idea" of yours (start off in lower leagues, earn lots of money, get a wife, buy a club icon_confused.gif) is about a 40-50 year job. Who has time for that as an "additional" mode? I'd rather just play the game the way it's intended.

Its adding futher detail into the game. For the whingers that don't like it or cant be bothered, then they could stick to the normal mode.

I wouldn't buy FIFA because the actual management is rubbish. The AI is poor and has no detail

What about the idea of changing the design of the football kits every two seasons. Choosing the away kit colours etc. I think a 3D match engine will be good and I have a funny feeling this will be in the next series

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottP7:

What about the idea of changing the design of the football kits every two seasons. Choosing the away kit colours etc. I think a 3D match engine will be good and I have a funny feeling this will be in the next series </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kit colours icon14.gif

3D match engine (whether they include it or not) icon13.gif

The wives etc is just a pointless gimmick that whether it is an additional feature we don't have to use or not, would suntract from FM as it is and just make it feel like a bog standard FIFA rip off.

Kit changes is actually a nice idea (although I don't see why we should be able to choose them as the manager IRL wouldn't) but the 3D match engine is a massive no no.

About the Chairman thing..

I think it has to be possible to save your money in the game..cause when i look now i see my salary and how much did i save? i don't know..

If you want to be a Chairman you gotta have some money to spend on the club...

So that would be a good thing..

Sometimes they will take intern a Chairman.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tweaks:

About the Chairman thing..

I think it has to be possible to save your money in the game..cause when i look now i see my salary and how much did i save? i don't know..

If you want to be a Chairman you gotta have some money to spend on the club...

So that would be a good thing..

Sometimes they will take intern a Chairman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Money you've earned" and "money you've got" are two completely different things. If you wanna be realistic, then you'll only have about 5% of it in the bank.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

They idea will hopefully NEVER happen.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it's a terrible idea, and for that reason has been rubbished many a time, and will be rubbished many times more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you want to buy a virtual wife with your earnings?!?! Pfft.

1) I know that some people will disagree with me , but I would like to see a new career mode on FM2009.

2) This would involve starting as unemployed, and finding a lower league job.

3) Then you will be able to earn career earnings as the game goes on

4) and then you can go and buy houses, cars and get a wife etc.

5) Perhaps when you earn enough cash, you can buy a club and become chairman and find a manager, sort out the funds for the manager, sort out the facilites for your club and improve your clubs town with youth facilities etc.

6) Something similar to one of the previous FIFA manager games .

7) I would not want this mode as standard though, and think it would be a good addition to the main menu screen where you can select a normal game or a career game.

What you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) You're not wrong bud.

2) Already in the game

3) Already in the game, albeit as a cosmetic feature

4) Why? What possible reason would you have for wanting that. And find a wife? Truly bizarre.

5) It's Football Manager, not Football Chairman, etc, etc

6) So play the FIFA Manager games if that's what you like

7) I wouldn't want it at all, frankly. Waste of coding time.

Tbf, you're not the only one interested in these sorts of additions, but the overwhelming majority don't want it, thankfully, SI have been quite vocal in saying they have no plans to implement these sorts of ideas.

I like the idea there could be a 2-D dots going around a club and they vibrate to show dancing then you drive a rectangle [car home] go past a few dots have a speech bubble saying high then go home get into a rectangle [bed] and see some slight vibrations in the bed between the two dots oh then you might have a match the next day but who cares when you can get a wife:

just incase i don't like the idea

Apoligzing about grammer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For the whingers that don't like it or cant be bothered, then they could stick to the normal mode. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that simple.

A new mode means a lot of extra work for SI - which then takes time and attention away from the main game that 98% of FM gamers play. Which means we all suffer for the sake of a small percentage of arcade gamers. Not cool.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wouldn't buy FIFA because the actual management is rubbish. The AI is poor and has no detail </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, rather than trying to change our game, go ask EA to fix theirs...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For the whingers that don't like it or cant be bothered, then they could stick to the normal mode. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that simple.

A new mode means a lot of extra work for SI - which then takes time and attention away from the main game that 98% of FM gamers play. Which means we all suffer for the sake of a small percentage of arcade gamers. Not cool.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wouldn't buy FIFA because the actual management is rubbish. The AI is poor and has no detail </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, rather than trying to change our game, go ask EA to fix theirs... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said good man!

Personally, i'm not 100% against the idea of a chairman role, but don't believe it beings in Football MANAGER

If there was enough demand I would support SI making a Football Chairman game, however i reckon i'd play it once and never again, while most FMers would ignore it, so while it has potential to be decent, it would be a serious flop due to lack of demand

And just as it's been raisied... again, I big fat giant NO! to the 3d match engine, FM never has been about looking slick, and i expect the actual game play would suffer as SI would have to spend hours upon hours on the look of the game

But i like the kit chang idea

Although this should be the Chairman's decision, i'd like to see the home kit change slightly every 2 season, and the awy kit change completely every season (at least this is how it works for celtic, unsure if other clubs use similar method)

I would also like SI to get on board adidas, nike etc so every 5 years or so your kit manufacturors (SP?) could change, and also a list of companies from all playable countries so sponsors can change

For those who say this is purely cosmetic it actually adds a lot of realism, and although it could be time consuming, it would be cost effective as the companies could be charged for product placement.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

play second life </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didnt you suggest this last week?

anyway, very bad idea imo. no need for it, would do nothing for game, why not just go on the sims website and ask them to add football manager as a job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

This thread makes me sad icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never mind you, this thread makes baby Jesus cry!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arthur Li:

I actually want this as a change from all the negative opinion from everyone else in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, but it's not really what the FM series is all about. The concept has never changed from the very first CM in 1993 or whenever.

No, no, no, no, NO!!

It's never been a good idea and never will be. What you're asking for would be a Sims expantion pack. The Sims - Football.

What would you do with the houses, cars and wife that you acquire? Would there be 'wife interaction' where your wife nags you for spending too long at work?

What exactly would you do as a football chairman? Sack a manager once every few months and perhaps go above the managers head every now and again to accept a bid for a player? That's about it to be honest. I'm sure in real life a chairman does a hell of a lot more than that, but nothing he does would make for a remotely interesting computer game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by disasterd:

i dont like these ideas , but i am bamboozled as to why you wouldn't like a

3D Match engine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no need for a 3D engine. Unless it was beyond amazing, it wouldn't work, and would ruin the feel of the game; and if it WAS amazing, think of how much strain it would put on your computer.

To create a 3D engine anywhere near a level where it doesn't look rushed, or tacky, or whatever, a huge amount of time and effort would need to go into it; and it'd never be perfect - and inevitably more buggy than the 2D engine.

If the vast majority don't want the 3D engine, and others are complaining about various bugs; why waste time that could be used for improving other features to create a bad one that next-to no one wants?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

Am i the only one who likes the 2d match engine, and doesn't want it changed to 3d? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the 2D engine. Would hate 3D unless it was very very good, or atleast stylishly quirky.

I would like to see an isometric view similar to the CM series. The inability to see when a ball is bouncing, how high the ball is on a cross, or even when your players are on the ground is really lacking in the 2D view. I don't need a full 3D engine though.

Realistically, this shouldn't be too difficult as this is all already in the match engine. It would just be displaying it a a minimal level.

A 3d engine is nigh on impossible for this game...unless of course you're happy with repetition of the same old highlights being played over and over.You'd soon get to know every time you're going to score just by seeing the first seconds of a highlight

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theking1:

A 3d engine is nigh on impossible for this game...unless of course you're happy with repetition of the same old highlights being played over and over.You'd soon get to know every time you're going to score just by seeing the first seconds of a highlight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a silly response. The fact that it will look poor in no way means that there will be recycled highlights. The engine now calculates a game and represents it to the point that highlights are each individual. A new 3D representation of the engine would not change the fundamentals of the game. It would just look bad overall.

Then you will be able to earn career earnings as the game goes on and then you can go and buy houses, cars and get a wife etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever about any of the other points you'v made, this statement is just ridiculous mate!! I thought it was a joke when I first read it! How and why could you see this implemented to FM?????? icon_confused.gif A wife!!!? icon_biggrin.gif

The beauty of the 2D match is that, but for the corner bug nearly every single goal is different. Passages of play are different and it basically replicates a normal match, for a 3d match engine surely this realism would have to be compromised because if all the examples available through 2d were available in 3d the game would be huge and noone could play it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

The beauty of the 2D match is that, but for the corner bug nearly every single goal is different. Passages of play are different and it basically replicates a normal match, for a 3d match engine surely this realism would have to be compromised because if all the examples available through 2d were available in 3d the game would be huge and noone could play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? The engine is the same, thus the variety is the same. They are not a ton of predetermined highlights in 2D or 3D. It is a based on the engine which is in itself unlimited in variety. The negative part of a 3D engine is that it takes more space to produce properly and will not look realistic. In itself though, it does not effect the variety of the game at all as it is only a visual representation of the match engine.

yes cash option should be there and when there is enough money there should be an option to buy a club or set up a new club.personal life should also be included where u can buy the things and set up u r whole carrer including out of football carrer also. Thanx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manu_forever:

yes cash option should be there and when there is enough money there should be an option to buy a club or set up a new club.personal life should also be included where u can buy the things and set up u r whole carrer including out of football carrer also. Thanx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that has a relevance to being a Football Manager because?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manu_forever:

yes cash option should be there and when there is enough money there should be an option to buy a club or set up a new club.personal life should also be included where u can buy the things and set up u r whole carrer including out of football carrer also. Thanx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that has a relevance to being a Football Manager because? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because real football managers have non-managerial lives. It's not illogical, just a very tired and terrible argument.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lonestar007:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

The beauty of the 2D match is that, but for the corner bug nearly every single goal is different. Passages of play are different and it basically replicates a normal match, for a 3d match engine surely this realism would have to be compromised because if all the examples available through 2d were available in 3d the game would be huge and noone could play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? The engine is the same, thus the variety is the same. They are not a ton of predetermined highlights in 2D or 3D. It is a based on the engine which is in itself unlimited in variety. The negative part of a 3D engine is that it takes more space to produce properly and will not look realistic. In itself though, it does not effect the variety of the game at all as it is only a visual representation of the match engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the variety could be made the same,but it would take a lot more power for the engine to process 3d players

Archived