FM09 - Mac VS. PC

Perb

Judging by the behaviour of the patches in other versions so far, I'd wager that it's best to start a new save, once the patch has been installed.

Would playing FM09 in an emulation (Parallels, Bootcamp) be a solution for patchless Mac-users, I wonder?

Judging by the behaviour of the patches in other versions so far, I'd wager that it's best to start a new save, once the patch has been installed.

Would playing FM09 in an emulation (Parallels, Bootcamp) be a solution for patchless Mac-users, I wonder?

Certainly playing with the game via Bootcamp, Parallels or VMware is an option. Although the former is free, the Mac user will need a full version on Windows as well. So not a free option if not already in place on their Mac. I do own VMware - and it works pretty well - one of the primary reasons though I have a Mac is that I can not stand the Windows as an operating system!

So I tend to use it only as an utter last resort. As long as the patch turns up in the next day or so, I would rather wait, before starting new game! But if it gets to midweek, I may well be in "emergency" territory :D

Archived