absolutely gutted

i`m absolutely gutted!! i couldn`t play this game due to all the bugs in patch 01,so i waited and waited for 02,then we get this.this is so unrealistic,i`m getting beat heavily every now and then,losing to teams like wigan and reading,and i only really seem to win uefa matches.i`m spurs and i lost to villa 7-2.carew getting 6,4 from outside the area.it just doesn`t happen! listen,i can take losing,but not just from corners and long shots. i`ve been playing this game now for 10 years,and i must say that tactically i kinda know what i`m doing but this really annoys me.how can a defence,with robbo,king,woodgate,hutton and bale have this happen so often..what is the point of setting players to certain things,such as tight marking,then when you watch the match,they dont do it.i love football,and goals but lets be realistic now,not every game is high scoring.and please its not my tactics,as everyone will say,unfortunately it is the game,and it is a real shame. i really hope it gets sorted but i doubt it.

i`m absolutely gutted!! i couldn`t play this game due to all the bugs in patch 01,so i waited and waited for 02,then we get this.this is so unrealistic,i`m getting beat heavily every now and then,losing to teams like wigan and reading,and i only really seem to win uefa matches.i`m spurs and i lost to villa 7-2.carew getting 6,4 from outside the area.it just doesn`t happen! listen,i can take losing,but not just from corners and long shots. i`ve been playing this game now for 10 years,and i must say that tactically i kinda know what i`m doing but this really annoys me.how can a defence,with robbo,king,woodgate,hutton and bale have this happen so often..what is the point of setting players to certain things,such as tight marking,then when you watch the match,they dont do it.i love football,and goals but lets be realistic now,not every game is high scoring.and please its not my tactics,as everyone will say,unfortunately it is the game,and it is a real shame. i really hope it gets sorted but i doubt it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by park lane boy:

typical response </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

typical response from someone who doesn't want to know the truth.

after all if it's not happening to me then whats the difference between you and me? could it possilby be that i pay attention to tactics and you dont?

there you go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thorpeyn8:

postal postie what are you going on about why dont you just accept it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

accept what?

that my games have realistic score lines? that the biggest scoreline so far in a game i've played in is 3-2?

that goals from corners in my game are rare enough and that the only player in my team to have scored long shots is steven gerrard?

that my players pay enough attention to my tactics?

anyway people talk about wanting the tactics to work but when they work against them because their poor tactics they moan.

i for one wouldn't want the game to think, well his tactics are poor but if we make him lose like he would in real life with tactics like that he'll get upset so lets rig the match so he loses by a small margin or wins.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thorpeyn8:

Park Lane Boy, your boys are gonna take a beating on sunday, postal postie your boring me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

keep on sticking your head in the sand then.

park lane boy: Why not post your tactics over on the tactics forum and we'll see what we can do to help. There are many excellent threads over there and a number of experts in terms of coming up with tactics.

They know what they are talking about and they may be able to help you enjoy the game more.

So, post constructively over there and you should get some useful assistance.

icon14.gif

although postie seems to be a bit of a wind upo guy i agree with him im middlesboro and im ninth i the league with boro biggest win ive had was 4-1 against shef wed

but postie there is a lot of long range shots going in in that 4-1 win 4 of the goals 3 mine 1 his were from outside the box

guarentee there's another patch gonna come out, too many problems with this game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thorpey i think its you thats acting childish..stop moaning about the patch and accept that spurs will win this sunday icon_wink.gif

park lane boy,

And I'd also bet that there are way more people that don't have this trouble. I'm not even sure why I bother to reply to threads like this anymore. Tactis are very important. If you followed the forums closely you would know that using the same tactics constantly does not work, the games AI figures you out so you need to be constantly adapting. Also you make no mention of players fitness, morale, or your team talks or media responses, all of which make more difference now than in any other previous incarnation.

So, if you want to be respected and not flamed for stupid posts, give us all your information, provide proof and them maybe most of us will actually listen and debate with you.

how old are you postie, sounds like you have way too much time on your hands </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in what way? we're both on this forum talking about a computer game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smoggster:

although postie seems to be a bit of a wind upo guy i agree with him im middlesboro and im ninth i the league with boro biggest win ive had was 4-1 against shef wed

but postie there is a lot of long range shots going in in that 4-1 win 4 of the goals 3 mine 1 his were from outside the box </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was that game a one off?

i've got to say that for me players take long range shots, shots go off target, others get saved a few go in.

i'm interested to know whether your defense is set extremely deep or not though. this would cause players to have to take long shots because they can't get closer.

coupled witha attacking minded midfield

it could also force them to make their mind up early because they feel they've got enough time to steady themselves

What a boring thread

Postal Boy, why not stop posting unhelpful comments on here and actually go play the game with your incredible tactics. Then maybe someone can come along and actually help Park Lane Boy

In my game with Leeds, my top scorer is Michalik with 7 goals in 6 games. The second top scorer is Heath another centre half with 3 all in the one game Michalik missed! All the same corner with both players attacking the near post. Have to say I haven't conceded from a corner yet, but 10 goals from centre halves with the same corner in 7 games seems excessive

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilUK:

What a boring thread

Postal Boy, why not stop posting unhelpful comments on here and actually go play the game with your incredible tactics. Then maybe someone can come along and actually help Park Lane Boy

In my game with Leeds, my top scorer is Michalik with 7 goals in 6 games. The second top scorer is Heath another centre half with 3 all in the one game Michalik missed! All the same corner with both players attacking the near post. Have to say I haven't conceded from a corner yet, but 10 goals from centre halves with the same corner in 7 games seems excessive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

telling someone that they need to spend 10 minutes of their time on the tactics to start winning and enjoy8ing their game is unheplful?

i might as well just let him waste his time and energy venting his anger over things that are his own problem.

but when he comes out with things like he doubts that it'll get sorted then thats a bit out of order. especially when he's going over the top with alot of his moaning when alot of it is to do with tactics.

Archived