Great Tactic!

Hey all,

I have found a formiddable tactic that has found me 3rd in League 1 in my 3rd season with Luton, 1 point off top spot and with 3 games in hand. It is not my own tactic but it works a treat. I destroyed League 2 first season with it but just missed out on play-offs (Darn you points deduction!) Next season destroyed the League again and came top by a long way and am now in 3rd in League 1 with 23 points out of 9 games with 3 games in hand over 1st and 2nd and I haven't lost a game yet! Also beat Norwich 5-2 in Carling cup 1st round and am now in 4th round against...Chelsea! Well enough talk here is the tactic: (Credit to I think it was 'Scottisgreat' who's tactic can be found in the good tactics 08 thread )

Formation:

3-5-2

Empashis- Normal

Passing-Direct

Tackling-Hard

Pressing-Yes

Offside Trap- No

Counter Attack- No

Men Behind Ball- No

Passing all set to 'Team'

Tackling all set to 'Team' except 3 Cm's

Pressing- Keeper set to 'Team'; 3 Cb's set to 'No' and all rest set to 'Yes'

All Pass to R/L/C

Set Pieces (A)- Keeper set to 'Normal'; Lm and Rm set to 'Back' and all rest 'Forward'

Set Pieces (D)- Keeper set to 'Normal' all Midfielders and Defenders set to 'Back' and 2 strikers set to 'Forward'

Free Role- All no but the middle Cm set to 'Yes'

Forward Runs- Keeper, Defenders & Forwards set to 'No' all Midfielders set to 'Yes'

Run With Ball- All 'No' except Middle Cm and Wingers who are set to 'Yes'

Hold Up Ball- All 'No' except Cm's set to 'Yes'

Long Shots- All 'No' except Cm's set to 'Yes'

Through Balls- All 'No'

Cross Ball- All 'No' except Wingers who are 'Yes'

Marking- Keeper, Middle Cm and Strikers set to 'None' and rest set to 'Man'

P.S. For your middle Cm, I would advise a good attacking midfielder and then he should score lots of goals.

I took this tactic and mixed it with Saint Dazzle's training schedule which is:

Goalkeepers set to 'Goalkeeping'

Defenders set to 'Defending'

Defensive Midfielders and Centre Midfielders(Except Middle Centre Mid) set to 'Defending'

Attacking Midfielders and Wingers & Strikers set to 'Attacking'

P.S. Also remember to apply this to new signings as I forgot and just applied it when I was looking for you!

Good Luck :thup:

The signs ae good for this one, I started on my old 3-5-2 and it wasnt going too well, changed to this and beat Partick who were sitting top of the league first game, i'm St Johnstone by the way, this could be the tactic for 09 i reckon...

edit... I've gone back to my old tactic now, decided to stick with it and its going great at last.

I have now reverted back to the old jambo dave tactic and have slightly modified it for 09 and i'm now having awesome success with St Johnstone, (sitting 3rd in SPL in season 2 after winning div 1 first season) when I am happy with the new tactic i'll post it somewhere.

I have now reverted back to the old jambo dave tactic and have slightly modified it for 09 and i'm now having awesome success with St Johnstone, (sitting 3rd in SPL in season 2 after winning div 1 first season) when I am happy with the new tactic i'll post it somewhere.

cant wait Jambo dave!

i'm sure we'll all want to try it!

i've noticed your tactic works best when i start with a basic 442 then switch after about 5 league games to your tactic!

Hm, i'm just trying out my own tactics, tweaking them here and there. It seems like Jambo Daves, St.Dazzle's do not work for me in the game.

The old jambo dave tactic and the st dazzle 5-4-1 tactic still both work really well. Its just a case of building a team to play the system and letting the players get used to it. I started my first season on my old 3-5-2 system and I lost my first 4 games or something like that. Now at that point I considered changing but I stuck with it and from then on in I was almost unbeaten.

People expect miracle tactics to be able to play as the worst team in the league and win every game but it doesnt really work, also try setting your training to intensive tactics training, I find that the team gels quicker with this setting.

Hm, i'm just trying out my own tactics, tweaking them here and there. It seems like Jambo Daves, St.Dazzle's do not work for me in the game.

Haven't tried Jambo's tactic, but my 4-5-1 is still working. Finished the first season with Southampton and won The Championship easily. Only lost twice in league, conceding just 11 goals in the 46 games. Also, reached the League Cup Semi and FA Cup fifth round.

Will update the tactic if I find any improvements for 09!

Trying out your tactic m8 you state this

Tackling all set to 'Team' except 3 Cm's

Is it just me but what are these 3 set to ???

i was guessing normal, but can anyone confirm this please

Just thought i'd bump this thread because the Tactics done ok for me first season after struggling to find a good one myself and getting sacked 3 times in a row before December with Chelsea.

Just used this with a few tweaks and doing ok.

Cheers

So far played 17 won 17 in all competitions, first real big test comes now as we are away at Chelsea. This will be where the man tactics are seperated from the boy tactics.

EDIT: Drew 0-0, was a terrible game, but at least we stay 2nd in the league.

Archived