Bumping up the NA release a few hours?

Wouldn't that just make the frenzy start earlier?

It will provide a bit more separation between the releases. The real frenzy is going to be around Left 4 Dead, not WWSM. Plus give us a bit more time to get the game sorted out so we can get to bed for work the next morning.

The good thing is that I believe Steam has allowed people to pre-download Left 4 Dead and have the full game on their machines and only need activation at the release time to play it. Now, if we could pre-download WWSM that would be great, but I am holding out hope that SI is trying to work feverishly to get Steam the patched game before anyone can download it.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were talking about a clash with another game - I thought you were referring to the problems we had the other day as 'left for dead'...

No problems. But you give me too much credit for wit I don't possess.

The good thing is that I believe Steam has allowed people to pre-download Left 4 Dead and have the full game on their machines and only need activation at the release time to play it. Now, if we could pre-download WWSM that would be great, but I am holding out hope that SI is trying to work feverishly to get Steam the patched game before anyone can download it.

Same here. I would rather have the game properly patched than available for pre-download. But both would be nice.

Archived