Windowed mode FM08

Try this:

1. Right click on the FM08 icon on your desktop & click properties.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok & you should be able to play in windowed mode next time you run FM08 :thup:

--------------------

Also, you should probably have FM08 off when doing this.

Well at the minute it says "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe"

Do i make it to "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe-windowed -small_screen"

Yes but with a space between the original target & the bit I told you to add on :thup:

----------

And leave the quotation marks where they are, they're not supposed to be at the end.

So it should read like this: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

Did you read the bit that I added on at the end of my last post?

Leave the quotation marks where they are, they're not supposed to be at the end.

So it should read like this: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

That might be the problem.

I do this and when i start the game I get "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

any ideas why?

I'm not sure why that happened, but a lot of other people have this problem also.

What I suggest is that you delete the bit I told you to add on at the end of the target & just stick with full screen mode.

Did you ensure you put a space after the target that is currently there before pasting the info that had been provided in.

Also don't delete the speech marks that are in the target that is already there :)

Hope this helps.

Archived