buying a new laptop... will it run FM2009?

My Desktop is 6 years old and the graphics have failed to run when installing the game.

I have been wanting to get a laptop for a while and have decided to get one now.

i only need it for FM2009 and browsing the internet. i do not play other games and do not download music/films etc.

i have been looking around and have found a few laptops that i can get cheap through work. can anyone tell me if they will run FM2009?

HP 550 Cel-530 1024MB 120GB VHB

HP 6720s Celeron 560 1GB 120GB Vista Basic

Asus X58C Celeron-M 220 1GB 160GB DVDRW Vista Home Basic

i have looekd at the system requirements and i have no idea what i am reading!

help please as i just want to play FM!

Any modern laptop will play FM ifit has a proper graphics card with 128MB of ram or more. I'll happily look some over for you if you provide links.

this link should provide you with the details. i only have around £300 quid at the moment due to xmas. the three cheapest are the ones i mentioned

http://www.shop.bt.com/productlist.aspx?&NavigationKey=11105&NavigationKey=50220000&NavigationKey=51340000&CategorySelectedId=11105&PageMode=1&PageOffset=0&RecordOffset=0#Paging

Any modern laptop will play FM ifit has a proper graphics card with 128MB of ram or more. I'll happily look some over for you if you provide links.

Sorry Im gonna jump on this will it run??

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1027552000.1226936950@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfjadefjldhhfkcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=188410&category_oid=

I need a new Laptop really even if it does mean moving to Vista!

From what others have written I'd expect it to run jerkily in 3d if it runs at all. Avoiding Intel graphics would be a good starting point.

To be honest,

If you are looking for a laptop for gaming (even FM09), it will cost over £600.

It is a bit of a false economy to buy a cheaper one as it will give you so much hassle, and you will need another one in a year or so as things move on.

And £600 will buy you a stonking good desktop pc that will annihilate not only FM, but any other game including the latest 3d shooters.

I had to suck it up and get a Dell XPS M1530 last week. It is expensive, but AWESOME!

It batters FM09, C&C etc, but, as I say, it is expensive. However, no need for me to get another one for ages.

So, I would seriously reconsider getting a low-end laptop for FM09. Maybe spend the money on a PC if poss?

Hi,

I bought my Toshiba Satellite Pro A100-198 (PSAACE-0076002EN) about 2 years ago for about £600, plus I recently installed an extra 2Gb RAM.....otherwise standard issue

Without meaning to upset any other users on this forum but FM09 loaded first time for me, I was lucky enough not to have any 1s or 0s in my activation code and the patch took about 30mins to download....but all working perfectly....even the 3D

Very,very happy man !!!! :D:D

Hope that helps, spec wise...

I had to suck it up and get a Dell XPS M1530 last week. It is expensive, but AWESOME!

It batters FM09, C&C etc, but, as I say, it is expensive. However, no need for me to get another one for ages.

So, I would seriously reconsider getting a low-end laptop for FM09. Maybe spend the money on a PC if poss?

Very nice, I got the M1330 a few weeks ago. Impressed with the Dell build quality.

Archived