Board Expectations

I think it still needs some work, just finished first season as West Brom, finished the season in 9th place and won the league cup, yet

"Despite the clubs healthy financial position the West Bromich Albion board are a little disappointed with your performance as manager"

Now I'm not privy to thoughts of the West Brom board but I would suggest if someone offered them 9th place and the league cup at the start of this season they probably would have taken it.

I have had this happen as well, first season with St Johnstone I won the 1st division and the challenge cup and second season december I am 3rd in the spl with a decent chance of winning it and the board are only satisfied, ungrateful or what? I reckon I might resign and go somewhere I'll be appreciated!!

I know, that was my initial reaction as well, the trouble is if you go somewhere else chances are they'll be equally ungrateful. I think they just need to lower the expectations in the game because at the moment I think people expect a little too much.

n.b off topic but Dave are you still using your 3-5-2?

I know, that was my initial reaction as well, the trouble is if you go somewhere else chances are they'll be equally ungrateful. I think they just need to lower the expectations in the game because at the moment I think people expect a little too much.

n.b off topic but Dave are you still using your 3-5-2?

Still using it, just a little modified from the old version and its giving me great success with St Johnstone, I have taken away the free roles for the wide players and set them to cross the ball and these changes seem to be helping, once I have played another few seasons and i'm happy with how i'm playing i'll post my tactic again.

Archived