fm.exe error

I have the same problem and have the same graphics (Radeon 9250) card altho my specs are alil better (P4 3.2ghz 2GB of RAM) - the error I get is around 5 mins into the game an error message saying 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and has to close. We are sorry for the inconvience' - the error signiture is Appname - fm.exe - Appver: 9.1.0.26064 ModVer: 0.0.0 Offset: 7dcc9bb8 ModName: unknown

the application error message says 'The instruction at ''0x7dcc9bb8'' referenced memory at ''0x7dcc9bb8''....any ideas?? I have the latest microsoft framework (3.0 I believe) and have installed the patch - any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Posted this on the known issues yesterday but yet to get a reply :(

I was playing the game (slowly) via steam, I changed it to play in windows but when I load I get "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The data error signature is "AppName: fm.exe AppVer 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe ModVer:9.1.0.26064 Offset 00fdc281"

Any help greatly appreciated,

Peter

I am recieving the following message when trying to load the game:

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

However the error message I have is slightly different to some of the others mentioned:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00f040d3

Any ideas? I've been getting this message for THREE days straight now, I've not even reached the main menu screen!! (I have already downloaded the direct x thingy and tried a couple of other things ---- Please help, I'm questioning my own sanity!!

hi

everytym i try and start the game, it comes up with

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

and

error signature

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00bfbf57

wat can i do???

hi

and

error signature

wat can i do???

Exact same problem as jakeman. All installed/validated, double click on icon and..........

Any help please?

Thanks

James

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raf_paz View Post

I have the latest drivers for my card and the latest version of Direct X but still having the same prob! pls help!!

Did you install that?

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Hi deLaPena I have infacted installed the Direct X development kit but still have the same problem - its so frustrating that nobody at S.I seems to be offering anyhelp on this topic!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raf_paz View Post

I have the latest drivers for my card and the latest version of Direct X but still having the same prob! pls help!!

Did you install that?

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Hi deLaPena I have infacted installed the Direct X development kit but still have the same problem - its so frustrating that nobody at S.I seems to be offering anyhelp on this topic!!

Hi,

I really would like to help you, but I have no idea :(. I have the same graphic card like you and I don't know even the game will run on my machine. I haven't the game because I'm Polish ;P but your post disturb me, because I thought that patch, latest drivers, SDK solve the problem :(.

Exact same problem as jakeman. All installed/validated, double click on icon and..........

Any help please?

Thanks

James

Change your screen resolution. I had the same problem, only thing that made it work was to change my reolution back to 800 x 600, since then no problems.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi

and

error signature

wat can i do???

Have you managed to fix this? Let me know please....

Can you fix it in the patch or something? Don'r care about some shitty 3D, activation code or anything, just want to play the game.

PLEASE, GOT A NEW COMPUTER AND EVERYTHING. Make a patch or something that makes it work. It's been over a month since release now.

I also have the same problem. However i've been playing the game fine for over a month, saved my game last night and went to reload it tonight and i'm getting the same message! How come i can play problem free for so long then it suddenly decides not to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 10 months later...

Hi ! I really need a help. I have a problem with my fm 10. i cannot play fm 10, i dont know why. when i click twice on the fm icon a dont send message is appearing with this text

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 10.1.0.19166 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 10.1.0.19166 Offset: 00d45556

can anyone help me to solve this problem?

i will be greatful

• 11 months later...

i get error as follows :

then some info. and then an option to see what is in the error report.

i click that option and this comes up :

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.14845 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 10.0.0.14845 Offset: 0110ff91 PLS PLS PLS HELP ME!!!

I have graphic card WinFast PX8400 GS(NVIDIA)

i get error as follows :

then some info. and then an option to see what is in the error report.

i click that option and this comes up :

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.14845 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 10.0.0.14845 Offset: 0110ff91 PLS PLS PLS HELP ME!!!

I have graphic card WinFast PX8400 GS(NVIDIA)

First of all download the patch

i v tried opening with my screen resolution set to a lesser value. i also tried running in 640 x something compatibility mode. when i do that my screen resolution changes and fm runs in processes but it doesn't actually play. as in if u look up under processes in task manager it shoes fm.exe using like 225000 or something kb like that. and i have tried re installing. something like this happened with my age of empires 2. but that was long time ago and on some other computer. also this game runs completely fine with excellent graphics( as in we know how good fm graphics are :p) but the 2d view was smooth on the other computer that i have. . so i dont understand what the problem is. and no nothing is running in the background also. Thanks for trying to help me trekaman and ishu :)

Do you have a virus scanner running and is it setup to ignore the folders that fm uses? I read on a website once that if you have a scanner and it scans the folders that fm uses while fm is running it can sometimes cause problems. Thats the only other thing I can suggest to try if you are all absolutely 100% sure your drivers are up to date.

PLEASE, GOT A NEW COMPUTER AND EVERYTHING. Make a patch or something that makes it work. It's been over a month since release now.

Just because you have a new computer doesn't mean that the drivers are all up to date. Its always a good idea I think when you get a new computer to first update all drivers.

Archived