Reputation needs changing

IMO it has too big an effect for too long - I was in Feb and still my reputation was "unproven" :confused:

It makes things considerably harder for the "human" as the AI all start with proper reputations.

Yes I know you can change your reputation before you start, but I don't think you should have to, I've never had to on any other FM/CM.

Why on earth would a manager with less than a years experience be anything other than unproven?

So if a manager had kept a decent record in the Championship for over 6 months, you wouldn't consider taking them on as a League 1 or 2 club?

I couldn't even get jobs in the Conference...

This doesn't really make much sense - you are complaining about your reputation when you acknowledge that you have the facility to change it. You have the ability to make it easier, so what is the problem with using it?

Feels like cheating, saying you're more established when you start than you really are.

Do you think it's right that I now have to restart the game because I can't get a job in any league, after managing in The Championship for over 6 months?

Should my reputation really be that bad?

Phil Brown only managed Derby for a few months, and was given a chance at another Championship club.

Perhaps some managers ought to be more "unproven" than others ;)

Do you think it's right that I now have to restart the game because I can't get a job in any league, after managing in The Championship for over 6 months?

Phil Brown only managed Derby for a few months, and was given a chance at another Championship club.

After 7 months with Derby, Brown got the job as first team coach under Parkinson at Hull. He was appointed caretaker when parkinson got the axe and pulled Hull out of the relegation zone. He was then appointed Manager. He also did stints as Assistant Manager at Blackpool and Bolton and was appointed caretaker at Bolton after Todd was fired (where he won 4 of 5 matches until Allardyce took over).

So if a manager had kept a decent record in the Championship for over 6 months, you wouldn't consider taking them on as a League 1 or 2 club?

I couldn't even get jobs in the Conference...

Feels like cheating, saying you're more established when you start than you really are.

So how would you get a job in the Championship then? If a manager is so unproven that they can't get a conference job then they would surely struggle to get a Championship job (unless fate intervened and they won a lottery).

You would have already skewed things by placing a manager stated as low experience into the Championship.

Some might ask if that is already cheating.

So what I'm asking here is a simple question. If you started as inexperienced (I suspect part-timer from the way you talk), then how did you justify the fact that you could get a championship job?

Just start as an ex-professional player. Yes, I know you're not, but you're roleplaying. You are playing a game and any manager taking a job would have been reasonably expected to have played. If they hadn't then they would fail to get conference jobs. Let alone a championship job. When I play as Bournemouth manager, I start as ex-professional because I'd need to be unless I had already proved myself as a manager .

As for why you're still unproven after 6 months in the championship, well that's easily answered. You started off with a low reputation and the statistics judge it as odd that you got a job at a championship side. You're a fluke, an anomaly. You have to win something big (a title) before the statistics will recognise you deserve to be at a championship side. Otherwise it's luck and/or good players that win. Or maybe an irregularity.

Why were you only there six months? Sorry if I've missed it, but if you a) started unproven, b) were doing badly in the league and c) quit/were sacked after a bad run, then why SHOULD you get another job straight away? And if you are still at the club why would anyone employ you if you're willing to leave six months in?

Allardyce might be wondering the same thing after being axed as Newcastle manager, but he has several successful years behind him at Bolton.

Okay, now for something constructive: do you have any foreign leagues running? In FM08 (when reputation determined pretty much every decision any AI chairman made) I was an unproven in the USA. I didn't read the rules properly regarding draft players and ended up releasing half my squad, leaving me with a bunch of kids and donkeys, so did a Keegan and quit right at the start of the season. After four months applying all over Europe - England, Spain, France, Italy - I got a job in Spain's second tier at a previously high-rep club (Celta I think) and managed them to promotion, then Europe the following season. I moved to Man City, bankrupted them, moved to Villa before I got sacked, got them to 4th, 2nd, 1st and the on to Inter Milan.

It was a fun game and meant going down a division, plus a bit of patience. In other words, wait for a club in trouble, someone who's desperate. But getting a job after losing yours in six months will be difficult.

Ok, I will accept that I'm still unproven BUT I think it's ridiculous that Conference clubs will not hire me, they rejected my application and still 2 months later don't have a manager lol.

I have a few other leagues running (Scotland, Spain, Italy, France, Germany) but after 6 months on holiday it's quite clear I will never get another job.

I was 14th at Derby before resigning, yes it wasn't great but we wern't *that* bad. Less than 10 points from the play-offs.

Why are you in need of a new job? Have you been sacked?

If so, I don't see a problem whatsoever.

Look at it that way. If you join a club with automatic reputation it would be just as if the RL you took over that job. If you get sacked after 6 months, really, who should be happy to sign you as the new manager. Certainly not any professional football club...

And even if you were not sacked. RL me and 6 months of experience certainly don't serve as a qualification for a good position elsewhere.

Maybe a different point is that it gets too frustrating for a gamer to be out of the business too soon, but that's what the reputation options are for.

Ok, I will accept that I'm still unproven BUT I think it's ridiculous that Conference clubs will not hire me, they rejected my application and still 2 months later don't have a manager lol.

I have a few other leagues running (Scotland, Spain, Italy, France, Germany) but after 6 months on holiday it's quite clear I will never get another job.

I was 14th at Derby before resigning, yes it wasn't great but we wern't *that* bad. Less than 10 points from the play-offs.

So basically you are complaing no one will give you a job after failing at your one and only attempt at management, with no prior reputation to fall back on(which was your choice).

How many divisions have you got loaded? You should be able to get a job in the Conference North/South if you have them. If not perhaps if you wait until the end of the season one of the teams promoted to the Conference may give you a shot if they have no manager.

As for starting unemployed, you will get Conference North/South jobs with no rep, I got the Hyde job that way. Doing garbage though and wondering if I'll get another job if I resign, so don't worry you aren't alone in your carpness.

Not getting any job at all on the standard level is a gameplay bummer, even if it may be realistic.

If you start unemployed I think you will always get an offer from the lowest playable league at some point at least. Unrealistic but good for the game.

Archived