Advice

Mug OUFC you say:

"I work in law. FM2009 is a licence to use a software program, it is not a sale of goods or services. Licences are a completely different animal to sale of goods and are viewed very differently by law. It is impossible for software producers to produce error free software.

You will need to refer to the licence agreement which you accepted on installation to ascertain your exact rights. Any liability accepted, if there is any, will almost certainly be limited to the purchase price, and for that you need to go back to your retailer, not SI. In any case - what damages could you reasonably claim for?

In any case - the right mouse button not working is such an insignificant error (and remediable - SI will fix it - at their own cost) that it could not possibly be viewed as a fundamental breach of the licence agremeent, especially as SI would be able to demonstrate reasonable endeavours to rectify the fault.

You should probably wait for the lecture in your course on licencing agreements and e-commerce and then you may have a better understanding of the position."

So what you are saying is that I can not get my money back if I can not play the game because the keycode do not work? I find that hard to believe.

The keycodes do work - if you want to post a little more information about your specific error / issue, we'll try and deal with it.

Why? I have already returned the game, got my money back, and will not spend money on your games in the future. You do not seem to understand basics. I have had all games from you people, from the very beginning. Some have been so and so, some have been great. But when you give me a game that do not work!

Remember: It takes years to build confidence, and minutes to break it". I simply do not trust you any more. You made a silly mistake, and lots of people were suffering. Do I hear: "sorry people, we made a mistake".

No, nothing, nada.

So I wote with my feet.

Goodbye!

It's up to you, and I understand your issues, but we will get word from SI over what happened, and the game is AWESOME when loaded, unlocked etc. I had to hold myself back from returning it myself, but you know it is the best football management sim around.

Maybe you will change your mind in a week or two, sympathise that you are so annoyed

Why? I have already returned the game, got my money back, and will not spend money on your games in the future. You do not seem to understand basics. I have had all games from you people, from the very beginning. Some have been so and so, some have been great. But when you give me a game that do not work!

Remember: It takes years to build confidence, and minutes to break it". I simply do not trust you any more. You made a silly mistake, and lots of people were suffering. Do I hear: "sorry people, we made a mistake".

No, nothing, nada.

So I wote with my feet.

Goodbye!

Same with me aswell mate, took the game back for a refund. Wasnt worth all the hassle

I'm sorry that you feel that way - my offer was only to attempt to resolve your individual problem. I assumed that would be more valuable than an apology - which, incidentally, is in the offing.

It's clear that amongst other circumstances we made several mistakes. You have exercised your right as a consumer for which I can't fault you. I'm sorry that we put you in that situation.

All the best

Matt

It amazes me that people are returning the game (which they have a right to do by all means) but then log back into this forum and leave negative posts.

I mean I have returned software before but have left posts on the companies forum asking questions about certain things BEFORE I return it...and if I felt I am not getting anywhere or the replies have not been to my satisfaction I'll then take it back.....and go about my own business and not bother to log onto the company site again!!

Archived