My Pandev Paradox...

Pandev wants to leave.

What's the most likely thing to change his mind?

I signed a player he recommended.

We're second at Christmas.

I don't see how else I can convince him that we're going places.

(I'm Lazio)

I would like to see an option to promise a player 'I'll let you go at the end of the season if we don't make top 4' or something like that.

I had this with my Spurs squad after a decent start to the campaign. I managed to keep the three players involved by always saying they aren't going anywhere, talking them up wherever possible, and nearer the end of the season as we started to solidify our position they seemed to finally grasp where we were in the grand scheme of things.

So I guess just keep saying he isn't going anywhere and wait til nearer the end of the year when he'll grasp that you've finished second or wherever.

Does that actually work then? I've brought in other players favourite players and they don't seem to bat an eyelid. I've brought in players who speak the same language and they care not. So is it psychosomatic or does it actually make a difference?

VB

Go to his player interaction and ask for recommendations for signings. If they're suitable and you bring them in it should make him a bit happier.

I already did this, I brought in Velice Sumulikoski from Ipswich after he recommended him.

I also set him as tutor to one of my younger players, which he seems to be happy with.

I hope that just refusing all bids will make the issue go away.

Does that actually work then? I've brought in other players favourite players and they don't seem to bat an eyelid. I've brought in players who speak the same language and they care not. So is it psychosomatic or does it actually make a difference?

I have had it help players settle, haven't tried it as a way to get them to stay in this context though.

Archived