It is true that fans are not visible but only a gray box?

It is true that fans are not visible but only a gray box?

there is somewhere a graphics update fans?

Greethings Alc

Its not Fifa mate and anyway there is no time to worry about fans in 3d as for me all my time is spent warching how my players are positioned and performing, maybe in 1-2 years time we may be fortunate to see fans but it really does`nt matter just now.

Fans will appear one day, they will be draped in Sega shirts and SI hats and they will have captions coming out of their mouths advertising whomever and whatever they can!

I don't think we ever need fans. Its something you wouldnt notice after a while, I don't even notice the empty stadiums unless the game is boring and I'm winning/losing by 3goals. I think im just scraping the requirements at the moment and I want this laptop for at least a couple more years, so I vote no fans! :)

Its not Fifa mate and anyway there is no time to worry about fans in 3d as for me all my time is spent warching how my players are positioned and performing, maybe in 1-2 years time we may be fortunate to see fans but it really does`nt matter just now.

What sort of comment was that? you really have deep lying issues about fifa eh? I know its **** but when did he mention it? It was a fair question.

I think it would look much better if fans or a graphic of fans was at least visable in some way at the stadium. It would make the 3D look even better.

To get a decent response, I would suggest posting in Graphic forums.

• SI Staff

There are no fans, no. There are just generic stadiums at the moment with no detail as there was a lot of debate in the office about how to approach it and whether there should be stadiums or not.

In the end, the user has the choice of whether to display the stadiums or not.

Fans might not be "needed" but they will certainly look much better than great big grey blocks. Even leaving the stands out entirely would have looked betting imo.

We dont "need" to have player pictures or pretty pictures of the team shirts, but we do and the game is better for it.

I think they should have included something in the way of a stadium around the pitch. It doesnt have to animate (to keep the specs down) but something would have been nice.

The 2D view didn't have fans visible. 3D doesn't need it as such. Nevertheless, I suspect fans will appear one day.

The 2D view didn't show any of the stands, so that point is irrelevant.

The first thing I actually noticed when watching my first 3D match were the horrible grey boxes adorning the edges of the pitch, made it look really ugly and like I was playing in an old, disused stadium. Even non-moving blobs would have added something to it. Presumably somebody would be able to mod the graphics to add something?

The first thing I actually noticed when watching my first 3D match were the horrible grey boxes adorning the edges of the pitch, made it look really ugly and like I was playing in an old, disused stadium. Even non-moving blobs would have added something to it. Presumably somebody would be able to mod the graphics to add something?

Horrible grey boxes that have no collision detection on them - the ball just goes straight through! (straight through the advertisiong boards too).

My point was just that we lived without them in 2D, so I don't see why we can't in 3D. They have no bearing on the football. However, the grey boxes are tremendously ugly, I have to say.

Agreed - we certainly dont need them. Yet I think the horrid unfinished and grey stadiums were a poor decision by SI. I would love them to sell more copies of the game and for the fan base to grow and in order for that to happen SI cannot stick their heads in the sand and make the game for the 'hardcore' audience (who put up with an awful lot it has to be said).

Any neutral looking at the 3D View would probably laugh at it. It looks rubbish. With the first patch its playing quite a nice game of football, and that is what the FM fans, in the main, wish to see. Why they couldnt have made it look better though is beyond me. The visual side of the matches is very poor.

One of the first thing I do is download club badges, new kits (turning the rough 3D versions off) and player pictures. It adds to the polish of the game. All of those things came from the community so I suspect the nice match aspects will as well.

I think SI know this too, and therefore skip some areas they should perhaps be delivering on.

My point was just that we lived without them in 2D, so I don't see why we can't in 3D. They have no bearing on the football. However, the grey boxes are tremendously ugly, I have to say.

Well SI keep banging-on about realism, so I think it's a fair comment.

And the reason we lived without them in 2D was precisely because they didn't have anything there, just the pitch and dugouts were displayed. Now that they have a 3D engine, with multiple views given, it seems strange to just leave ugly grey boxes there, and I actually struggle to think how anybody in the dev team thought that was a better idea than having either blobs in the stands or nothing at all, a la FM08. It's conspicuous by it's absence, basically.

I actually like them. Okay, so there just grey boxes with limited features, but they do a decent job representing stadia. Much better than a pitch marked out on a 3D landscape – which would make it look like it was being played in a local park.

Hopefully they’re skinnable, so in time, we’ll be able to download some fans to fill them.

Archived