Gogamer.com - Price increase

http://www.gogamer.com/Football-Manager-2009--I--PC-Sports_stcVVproductId53506825VVcatId444820VVviewprod.htm

Just letting you know guys, delivery is now the 19th and the price has gone up from 27 to 44 dollars...wow.

I guess im lucky i preordered yesterday.

Really...? $44 now??

Well that sucks. I thought I would have the game tomorrow since I have overnight shipping. I think I'll shoot them an email just to see what's going on.

Yaaaay :D

So they ship when they say and they price stays the same, I just saved $17 :D

Yeah...I pre-ordered on Sunday (11/16) when, fortunately, the price was still $28ish...but I chose 2-day shipping, with the original release date of 11/17 in mind...I was happy to find out that I just made it as the price had been increased to $44!! (talk about supply & demand), but now the release date has changed to 11/20 - what is going on?!?!?! That seems like taking a page out of SI's customer service book (cheap shot, sorry, just couldn't resist) ;)

Nah, dont worry about it, they are better than that. I emailed them yesterday and they told me the games were being shipped the day you saw for those who preordered; and the price increase doesnt affect us. We're good :)

Well, I hope you're right, mine still says "Processing" and I ordered on Sunday, so we'll see...it'd be a nice surprise to come home to a package of addiction...fingers crossed! :D

Nah, dont worry about it, they are better than that. I emailed them yesterday and they told me the games were being shipped the day you saw for those who preordered; and the price increase doesnt affect us. We're good :)

I ordered early in October. Saw that the release date was pushed back, so I decided to cancel and get WWSM via Steam. The cancellation just went through leading me to believe that the game is not shipping yet.

I also Pre-Ordered on the 10th for $27, then I did Overnight shipping, so if they were sending it on the original "Release Date", I should be getting the game today, but the order still says "Processing".

I have a Mac, so Steam isn't an option for me. I just hope I get the game by friday.

I'm in the same boat mkbdoe, can't get it off steam, but can't download it for the Mac. I've got a PC that I will be using for another two weeks, then I'm getting a new Macbook Pro, but this frustration with gogamer just sucks.

Don't we live in the 21st Century? You're telling me that you can't make 5000 discs in one or two days and ship them out? How hard is it?

They should get guys from Thailand or Turkey to do the production for them, those guys can copy a game and make 5000 copies in just a few hours!

Ehh that is a shame, why give priority to those who preordered later? Never heard of such a thing, but well oh well.. we may have to wait til the weekend for the Mac patch anyway so..

I've ordered through gogamer.com for the past 4 years, and to their defense, this is the first hiccup, but I only get one weekend off a month, and of coarse this is my weekend off coming up. Just send it out no later than thursday!!

Here is the response to my e-mail:

Hello,

It seems that we are running a little late on the Football manager 2009

but it should be in stock by the end of this week and we should have all

of our pre orders shipped out by the end of this week. If you have any

questions please email us back.

GoGamer.com

11 Rancho Cir

Lake Forest, CA 92630

Just FYI, here is the reply I got from GoGamer.com customer service after emailing them to inquire about the status of my game:

Hello,

It seems that we are running a little late on the Football manager 2009 but it should be in stock by the end of this week and we should have all

of our pre orders shipped out by the end of this week. If you have any questions please email us back.

So just in case anyone was wondering, I thought it would be nice to clear things up. Sucks, I ordered with 2 day shipping...hope it gets here before the weekend, now that the MAC patch has been released, I'm jonesing! My cheers have gone from "c'mon SI" to "c'mon GoGamer.com," LOL...GL to everyone else waiting on their game! Cheers!

yeah, really. i ordered from them on the 12th. was supposed to be released on the 17th. my order page just says "processing" as it always had. pre-orders shipped by the end of the week? like the 22nd? how ridiculous is that? don't tell us it'll be out the 17th then and let people pre-order it without even securing the copies to sell.

Archived