Cant Score!

I have managed rangers,everton and cheslea so far and used similar tactics to the ones they use in real life and find it really hard to score.Most of my games are 0-0,1-0,0-1 and dont say its my tactics cause i used these tactics in Fm 08 and they worked fine now there not working in Fm 09.Will this be fixed for the next patch ? I am going to try my hand at arsenal now and see if i can at least score 2 or 3

Did you have the same players on 08?

The match engine is more accurate and the AI is better at countering tactics on 09. Try opening your assistant's feedback from TV view widgets menu during a match, he will know if there are glaring holes.

I'm scoring 2.3 goals a game with Lazio and conceding 1.7 goals a game playing with a slightly edited version of the 4-4-2 diamond formation included with the game.

I have managed rangers,everton and cheslea so far and used similar tactics to the ones they use in real life and find it really hard to score.Most of my games are 0-0,1-0,0-1 and dont say its my tactics cause i used these tactics in Fm 08 and they worked fine now there not working in Fm 09.Will this be fixed for the next patch ? I am going to try my hand at arsenal now and see if i can at least score 2 or 3

Maybe because Rangers are guff and thats the type of results they get every week, I mean come on its very rare Rangers put 3 or 4 past anyone.:p LOL :D

I don't quite understand what you're asking for? You have a problem scoring goals, but rather than changing the way you play, you seem to want them to tweak the match engine to fit your tactics. Just try tweaking things slighty. Look at you assistant manager feedback, that might offer some insight. It also might be your reputation at the club, if you take over a high-level club at the start, whilst your reputation is set to sunday-league footballer, or automatic, your players will lose morale and not want to play for you, this could also affect your performances.

Archived