Anyone lost a girlfriend due to this game yet?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to know if anyone's actually managed to get themselves a girlfriend thanks to FM! That would really be something!

I doubt it, but if there is someone who has managed to do this I expect it will turn into a film and Hugh Grant will be the hapless FM player.

met a bird at work the other day, when i went out on my lunch break she came with me.... not wanted to appear obsessed managed to hold in my urge to buy the game! we sat down in Starbucks and out of the blue she shouted, holy crap its the 14th.... then to my shock and delight, she told me we had to go get Football Manager 09! i have never been so in love!!

Curled up last night in the bed the missus was chirping "you can play if you want to", knowing full well that all I had done all day was play the game. I managed to resist the urge. If I had sent the little fm soldiers onto the pitch ahead of sending my little soldier into battle with the wizards sleeve it really would have been curtains for me!! She's at work now though so I'm playing away!!

met a bird at work the other day, when i went out on my lunch break she came with me.... not wanted to appear obsessed managed to hold in my urge to buy the game! we sat down in Starbucks and out of the blue she shouted, holy crap its the 14th.... then to my shock and delight, she told me we had to go get Football Manager 09! i have never been so in love!!

Wow! I think I'm in love with her!

My assistant would only tell me that I should show her onto the weaker foot, I know for sure that an awful lot of damage would still be done!!

LMAO!

Maybe you should think about rotating her with other players? Maybe increase creative freedom? Definately low mentality - low 'mentalness' is better for squad hamony.

LMAO!

Maybe you should think about rotating her with other players? Maybe increase creative freedom? Definately low mentality - low 'mentalness' is better for squad hamony.

Just don't ever tell her 'the pressure is off'. Unless you want average meals and creased ironing.

My girlfriend, after weeks of saying that she's dreading the 14th, actually curls up with me while I play it! She keeps wanting me to buy Yakubu or Arteta though, so I may have to tell her to go away.

She prefers the 3D engine as opposed to the "little dots"

Lol my girlfriend used to say "you playing with your little dots again?". She doesnt know what to say now :p

Also I work nights so I can play when she's either at work or in bed when I finish. She doesnt mind if we both at home though if we're not going out, I've got her into some of my Xbox games :)

My missus has applied to go on the next series of Wife Swap...

Ouch, is that not divorce worthy? I'm blessed with an other half whose only crap TV choice is Corrie and Strictly Come Dancing, I don't know what i'd do if I had to watch X Factor or Wife Swap.

Ouch, is that not divorce worthy? I'm blessed with an other half whose only crap TV choice is Corrie and Strictly Come Dancing, I don't know what i'd do if I had to watch X Factor or Wife Swap.

I have to put up with all them plus naff tv shows like Banged up Abroad, Secret Millionaire and I'm a celebrity get me out of here...

FM is the only true way to escape and get some much needed time out. :)

I actually had a big fight yesterday over FM - i was planning to play all friday but since the activation issue i went on the **** instead, and had agreed to spend all saturday with the GF. Come sunday morning and i installed the game and started playing, and she got really f'ed up over me not wanting to spend the sunday with her instead of a "silly computergame" (!)

She e-mailed me today though and apologised, admitting she understood how important the game was to me :) haha, messed up..

As much as I love FM I would never put it before my fiancee. After all, there are things she can do that FM just can't. If I felt like it was coming between us it would definitely be time to cut down how long I spend on the game.

To continue to play a game when it's coming between you and your missus is a little sad tbh.

As much as I love FM I would never put it before my fiancee. After all, there are things she can do that FM just can't. If I felt like it was coming between us it would definitely be time to cut down how long I spend on the game.

To continue to play a game when it's coming between you and your missus is a little sad tbh.

Wow, did you mean to sound so serious and sanctimonious preacher-man? ;) I thought this was a light-hearted thread...

I used to get the 'dots' jibes all the time but my good lady doesn't really mind. Plus she does shifts, so I can always fit FM in around her. I do have to make it up to her sometimes by indulging her nonsense, such as 'Strictly John Sargeant' and '(I've got no) X Factor'. Small price to pay for marital bliss. And I do frequently remind her, "If I'm happy..." :)

Where've you been spamming to get youth team status? :p

Everywhere and anywhere. I like the sound of my own voice/font way too much :p

Dietspam, I did that too, a netbook, but I use it more than her and it has ruined my reading before sleep ritual.

I have to put up with all them plus naff tv shows like Banged up Abroad, Secret Millionaire and I'm a celebrity get me out of here...

FM is the only true way to escape and get some much needed time out. :)

I feel your pain buddy (though I can accept I'm a celebrity-it's the creepy crawlies/car crash tv)

I've just gained a girlfriend. She's ideal - holds season tickets at both Man United and Wigan (what a contrast...)

Hardly played FM09, and I don't seem to care. My burgeoning career at Mick Hucknall Town has been put on hold for a pretty blonde!

She is first class. I'm married here in the USA and my wife has gotten into all of the sports that I enjoy, except one. Take a guess which sport she can't stand...yup, you guessed it. Says the chanting alone drives her mad.

Gf already thinks I'm a nerd just for owning a blog and a football forum (blatant plug!!)

Luckily, she was out over the past weekend, and is at a spa next weekend - so glad to have several weekends free to cane FM. In fact, leading up to Xmas, she's also working on quite a number of Saturdays and Sundays - so should be able to lead my team to a Champions League triple by mid-december.

Between FM and a season ticket in the Park Lane, she still thinks she's my number one.

Silly woman :p

I told my missus that least I could now cuddle up to her if I played FM on my laptop then if I played on the PS3 in another room. Try and make it sound like I'm spending time with whilst still ignorning her :D . I do have to compromise with her sometimes....may get her a wii for Christmas, see if that keeps her busy for a few.

Yeah, she keeps referring to it as "the little dots" as well.

I would like to know if anyone's actually managed to get themselves a girlfriend thanks to FM! That would really be something!

This year they added female managers, so next year I guess it's the players. Then all you have to do is send out a scout!

I too bought my wife a laptop, mind with 4 kids to put to bed it does give me time to play it. My eldest plays as well so of course I have to play as research to help him understand the complexities of the game. Haseley1981 I like your style, I reckon if I suggested that then I would be allowed to play it all night as well as all day. Love all your replies.

Archived