The Best of the FM Series - FM 2009

Unfortunately I think the quality of the game has been ignored due to the shambles that surrounded the inadequate authentication system, which is fair enough really.

But so far, once I finally got it working, I've found the game to be very enjoyable. I personally love the 3D engine, especially when it comes to identifying weaknesses in your tactics. The game runs very smoothly for me on my 4 year old PC, so I've got no complaints there.

However, I feel the 3D engine will leave the game open to a lot of moaning. This is mainly because any flaws that are present in the way the game represents what's going on in the match engine will be much easier to see in 3D. So expect a lot of moans about players not moving realistically or one-on-ones being missed too often.

For me the 3D match engine is just what I expected - an excellent first step into the world of 3D.

Its got the potential to be one of the best but due to the way SI/Sega have handled this lauch it could still go down as the biggest own goal of all time (yes even worse than a Titus Bramble mistake)!!!

Archived