patch 9.2

What's stopping you from playing now?

I'm happy with the 9.1.0 patch.

Many things. Just looking around the forum, you'll find there's loads of bugs still present, including bugs I've posted about which completely ruin the game.

Many things. Just looking around the forum, you'll find there's loads of bugs still present, including bugs I've posted about which completely ruin the game.

Which bugs are there that completely ruin the game?

EDIT: And Scorpio, please don't use text speak. It's against the forum rules and it's difficult to read by the many people on here who's first language is not English

What's stopping you from playing now?

I'm happy with the 9.1.0 patch.

Which bugs are there that completely ruin the game?

EDIT: And Scorpio, please don't use text speak. It's against the forum rules and it's difficult to read by the many people on here who's first language is not English

Having all of my players rated 0.10 after only getting beat 2-1, their average ratings then plummeting to 3.50, the board then becoming unhappy with the players performance because of their average ratings, and the players morale then going right down.

So after two league games, my job is at risk because the game cocked up the ratings system, which was apparantly a bug before the patch.

I don't want to have to get into a habit of saving my game before every match just in case the game craps out and gives my team 0.10. I shouldn't have to save my game because of that happening.

I imagine that would be very annoying. Are these common issues? I ask as I've not seen much mention of them and haver personally not experienced them myself.

I posted about it in the bugs forum and two other people have came out saying they couldn't believe it was still in the game so I'm not sure SI have bothered looking into it.

I attached a screenshot to the thread, and I've uploaded the screenshot to their FTP as well. I really want to play FM09 again but I just don't feel any motivation when I'm constantly expecting the game to give my players duff stats.

I imagine that would be very annoying. Are these common issues? I ask as I've not seen much mention of them and haver personally not experienced them myself.
Does this problem happen all the time or very rarely?

It happened to me once and it scarred me for life ;)

I haven't played it since, I turned FM off in disgust after I saw the results of the low ratings and how it affected my game. Looking around the forum I don't think it affects many people but it still needed fixing regardless as it could happen to anyone and could really ruin a game.

i hate getting into it and having a problem or having to start again wen the patch comes out

You don't have to restart a game when you install a patch unless it contains a data update and you want to make use of this new data. All SI patches are save game compatible.

It happened to me once and it scarred me for life ;)

I haven't played it since, I turned FM off in disgust after I saw the results of the low ratings and how it affected my game. Looking around the forum I don't think it affects many people but it still needed fixing regardless as it could happen to anyone and could really ruin a game.

That's true, but a lot of people haven't had this problem so it might be worth starting a new game and trying again.

Since the patch I've seen no serious issues at all.

the 9.2 patch wont be for a long while yet I suspect. The game is excellent now as it is. So its not worth waiting for.

Well, as for me and lots of other of my friends have problem with getting the reserve-league work for England..

some have solved by starting a new game in english instead of Swedish.. That sucks big time.

FM08 didn't get it's second patch until january. several months after release

Hmmm, I always thought we got 3 patches with FM08. Maybe I'm going mad. I thought there was one around release time, one towards the end of November / early December, then a final patch at the end of the transfer window.

If that is anything to go by, I'd guess we'd see another patch as an early Christmas present, I seem to remember them referring to the 08 patch as that. I guess it depends how major they think the remaining issues are, and how long it'll take to balance the match engine after they fix new issues.

• SI Staff
Having all of my players rated 0.10 after only getting beat 2-1, their average ratings then plummeting to 3.50, the board then becoming unhappy with the players performance because of their average ratings, and the players morale then going right down.

So after two league games, my job is at risk because the game cocked up the ratings system, which was apparantly a bug before the patch.

I don't want to have to get into a habit of saving my game before every match just in case the game craps out and gives my team 0.10. I shouldn't have to save my game because of that happening.

Can you go to the match report, click the save button on there and email me the resulting file?

Cheers,

Paul :)

Hmmm, I always thought we got 3 patches with FM08. Maybe I'm going mad. I thought there was one around release time, one towards the end of November / early December, then a final patch at the end of the transfer window.

If that is anything to go by, I'd guess we'd see another patch as an early Christmas present, I seem to remember them referring to the 08 patch as that. I guess it depends how major they think the remaining issues are, and how long it'll take to balance the match engine after they fix new issues.

This is correct. There were two 8.0.1 patches released, but the first one was a beta patch which allowed people to get it quickly and see if it had any other issues in. Then the official 8.0.1 patch was released, followed by the 8.0.2 patch in Jan.

Archived