A seroius error was encountered-

Everytime I'm playing a matchday and I click on TACTICS to make any changes a error pops-up

A seroius error was encountered

and the application will close

I havn't managed to get through a single match yet.

BTW, I have the latest patch and have next gen system spec, so nothing wrong with system being able to play game.

Help.

Everytime I'm playing a matchday and I click on TACTICS to make any changes a error pops-up

A seroius error was encountered

and the application will close

I havn't managed to get through a single match yet.

BTW, I have the latest patch and have next gen system spec, so nothing wrong with system being able to play game.

Help.

Ihave just had the following. A serious error encountered, application will close. Error file has been generated in Desktop/C:/User/Jan/Docs/SI/Fm09/Crashdumps. What does all this mean? Is my pc faulty or is it in FM'09? Anyone from SI or any pc "boffin" assist, please.

Ihave just had the following. A serious error encountered, application will close. Error file has been generated in Desktop/C:/User/Jan/Docs/SI/Fm09/Crashdumps. What does all this mean? Is my pc faulty or is it in FM'09? Anyone from SI or any pc "boffin" assist, please.

This is the second time that the game has crashed whil I have been playing it. This is what happens. The game crashes and I am immediately shown to the BSOD with the following text.

A problem has been detected. Windows will now close to prevent damage to your pc. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your pc. If this screen appears again do the following.

1. Disable or uninstall any anti virus, disk fragmentation or back up facilities.

2. Check your hard drive configuration.

3. Check for updated drivers.

4. Run CHKDS/F to check for hard drive corruption, then restart pc.

Tech. info. Stop: 0x00000024 [0x001904AA]] 0x89EDEA08, 0x89EDE704, 0X81B342CB].

Collecting data for crash dump. Initializing disk for crash dump. Beginning dump of physical memory to disk:100.Physical dump complete. Contact technical support group.

As I have yet to see an answer to these and similar problems i am assuming that they are still unsolved. Can someone from SI advise on how to proceed? Shall I still continuie to play the game or will the intermittent crashes do damage to my pc? Please, will someone advise me? Kind regards.

• 6 months later...

When you are encountering stop messages write the first series of numbers down then do a google search. :example "0x00000024"

http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html

oescus-

Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

The Stop 0x24 message indicates that a problem occurred within Ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. A similar Stop message, 0x23, exists for the file allocation table (FAT16 or FAT32) file systems.

Possible Resolutions:

# Malfunctioning SCSI and Advanced Technology Attachment (ATA) hardware or drivers can also adversely affect the system's ability to read and write to disk, causing errors. If using SCSI hard disks, check for cabling and termination problems between the SCSI controller and the disks. Periodically check Event Viewer for error messages related to SCSI or FASTFAT in the System log or Autochk in the Application log.

# Verify that the tools you use to continually monitor your system, such as virus scanners, backup programs, or disk defragmenters are compatible with Windows XP. Some disks and adapters come packaged with diagnostic software that you can use to run hardware tests.

To test hard disk or volume integrity

Method 1:

1. In the Run dialog box, in the Open box type:

cmd

2. Start the Chkdsk tool, which detects and attempts to resolve file system structural corruption. At the command prompt type:

chkdsk drive: /f

Method 2:

1. Double-click My Computer, and then select the hard disk you want to check.

2. On the File menu, click Properties.

3. Click the Tools tab.

4. In the Error-checking box, click Check Now.

5. In Check disk options, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box. You can also select the Automatically fix file system errors check box.

If the volume you are checking is in use, a message asks whether you want to delay disk error checking until the next time you restart your computer. After you restart, disk error checking runs and the volume chosen is not available to run other tasks during this process. If you cannot restart the computer due to the error, use safe mode or Recovery Console.

If you are not using the NTFS file system, and the system partition is formatted with the file allocation table (FAT16 or FAT32) file system, long file name (LFN) information can be lost if hard disk tools are started from an MS-DOS command prompt. A command prompt appears when using a startup floppy disk or when using the command prompt startup option on multiple boot systems that use FAT16 or FAT32 partitions with Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2 (OSR2), Microsoft Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) installed. Do not use tools meant for other operating systems on Windows XP partitions!

# Nonpaged pool memory might be depleted, which can cause the system to stop. You can resolve this situation by adding more RAM, which increases the quantity of nonpaged pool memory available to the kernel.

Microsoft KB articles:

Troubleshooting Stop 0x24 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error Messages

STOP 0x23 (or STOP 0x24) When restarting PC after installing PC-Magic Encrypted Magic Folders

What OS are you running ? Xp/Vista, 32/64 bit ?

Edit:

I'd suggest that before you do anything, try to narrow it down to your specific problem, because fixes often cause more problems than they solve if they're not right for your system.

Archived