HELP - Football Manager VS. WWS Manager

Hi, I'm an American who is in a bind. I need to know whether it is possible to buy a Football Manager 2009 from Amazon UK and install it on an ostensibly American computer, or if any of the various Kit, Face, etc... patches for FM2009 that come out on these forums will work for WWSM? I had tried to incorporate FM2008 patches into my WWSM2008 game, but it never worked. Would I be better off installing an FM game and having a like FM directory into which all these patches seamlessly integrate? I would appreciate any and all help/suggestions. Thanks.

Hi, I'm an American who is in a bind. I need to know whether it is possible to buy a Football Manager 2009 from Amazon UK and install it on an ostensibly American computer, or if any of the various Kit, Face, etc... patches for FM2009 that come out on these forums will work for WWSM? I had tried to incorporate FM2008 patches into my WWSM2008 game, but it never worked. Would I be better off installing an FM game and having a like FM directory into which all these patches seamlessly integrate? I would appreciate any and all help/suggestions. Thanks.

My recommendation is to buy FM 2009 from a UK retailer (gameplay is good), or an importer like gogamer.com. I've purchased the FM game from gameplay since the 2006 version and have been very happy with it, and all the patches, skins, etc. work just fine. I wouldn't mess with WWSM if I could avoid it. By the way, I don't think Amazon UK will ship this to the U.S.

Dola:

And just to confirm, FM patches DON'T work with WWSM and the support for WWSM is severely lacking compared to FM. Facepacks, logos, etc should, in theory, work for both versions of the game but you may run into problems with WWSM. I did buy WWSM last year but after having many issues, I've decided to go the imported route this year for the real version of FM.

Archived