International clashes

Playing season one as the Arse, I lost my CL qualifier (to a 90th minute mishit winner in the second leg...) which meant I ended up in the Euro Cup, which proved a nightmare as I kept being scheduled to play on Saturdays after Thursday night games, which is a problem I was hoping would be rectified, but unfortunately not.

Despite this, I was still top at the end of March, although with a horrific fixture pile up in front of me. My two league matches with Man United had continually been postponed, due to clashed with Cup games and international call ups, so the first time I played United was April 1. Despite this game being previously postponed due to internationals, it was played on the same night as European Championships qualifiers, so I ended playing the top of table clash with only 13 players to chose from. To add insult to injury, Rooney was not selected in the England squad, and scored the winner!

What is the point of postponing a game due to international call-ups, when it is then going to get played on the same night as an international anyway?

This would not happen in real life, especially rooney not playing for england but still playing for his club, there would be an uproar :)

Im sure SI will look into this for future refrence.

In real life the FA would fit that game in between internationals, or in a worse case scenario extent the final day of the premier league.

Happend a few times that i can remember, they usually delay it for 3-7 days or so, and this happend last year with rangers in the scottish league.

Good luck on the rest of the season.

Archived