Football Manager 2009 Progress Reports.

So, how's it going so far for those of you who are playing?

I'm Wrexham in my first season.

So far : W3 D2 L4 PTS 11 POS 15TH.

Should be doing a little better but it's slowly coming together.:)

Brought in: Peter Bore(Grimsby), Cedric Avinel(Watford), Nicky Featherstone(Hull), Paul Gerrard(Free Agent), Paul McVeigh(Luton), Harsanyi(Bolton), Asi(Rangers), Einarsson(West Ham).

:)

Man Utd - first season.

So far : United 2 - 1 Pompey Community Shield

United 2 - 0 Pompey Premiership

Arsenal 2 - 2 United Premiership

Only 3 games in so just started :) I have Zenit next in the Super Cup. I'll be landed if I have 2 cup wins already!!!

Ronaldo 2 weeks away from fitness, my only injury.

Brought in Ignacio Camacho for £7M.

Arranged a deal with R Madrid for Tevez to go there in the 2009 season for £26M. Hopefully that goes some way to funding a bid for Aguero :)

I'm Southampton. In the beginning I was losing all the games by a goal, now I'm winning the majority by a goal. I did tell the media throughout to just wait for the results to come, as we were playing well, so they should've just bloody listened. I dropped as low as 21st; I'm currently 10th (beginning of April).

Man city W6 D2 L2, 4th in premiership currently with United a point behind with a game in hand. Arsenal have won 10 games on the trot. Liverpool have had a horrendous start to the season and lie in 10th. Just progressed to the group stage of UEFA and have been drawn in the hardest of groups along the likes of Milan and Schalke. Got off to a good start by beating Basel away 2-1 with Benjani on fire.

Took Marcelo off Madrid for 6m to reinforce my LB and adapt a more attacking style... he was a great buy. Trying to get Rafinha to provide some brazilian flair on my right flank and i have had a bid of 17m accepted to bring him in january.

Needed a versatile FWD/AM and went for Arshavin for 20m. He seems to have trouble settling in for me. Started off with a hattrick in UEFA and just cannot hit the net anymore. Also took Palombo to bolster the midfield for 17m. He too is turning into a good buy.

No more funds left for players.

Arshavin just twisted his knee and will be out of action for 2 months. Have another few injuries but nothing grand.

Playing it unpatched as Liverpool to get a feel for it before I patch it.

Injuries are quite bad, but I am finding the results realistic, getting goals from my strikers from all over the shop, and all in all very good so far.

Is the released version different from the Demo, coz that got a slating!

Don't blame me - blame SI and their researchers.

Although it is correct that United do not own his registration, it is more than likely that United will sign him permanently. However, as the owner of his registration is a company not a club and SI put him in as a loan player, if United do not own him how would that be implemented in the game. He cannot become a free agent as where he goes would not be entirely down to him but in the game it would be implemented as his choice of where to play. I think for ease and as in all likely hood he will be a permanent United player, this is the easiest implementation.

Portimonense Sporting Clube, just starting the new season, played a few other games to get used to the new features and had a few crashes and lost a few games that i couldn't be bothered to replay. Just need to get our mac patch for the injury problem. Had a pretty good run into the season.

Im the mighty villa,

Well not so mighty atm,

3 games to go in the season, am 9th in the prem, semi's of UEFA Cup, Semis of League cup - Got knocked out by chelsea who have d1cked me every time ive played em. got beat in 3rd round FA cup by Shewsbury town :( :(

So mid table mediocrity for me.... The new 3d engine really lets you see whats happening... I LOVE IT>!!!

if only i could translate my furious tactical rantings into making them happen on the pitch id be a genius.

J

I'm Newcastle and finished a satisfactory 11th in my first season. Wasn't really helped by the fact that by November the club got taken over and wanted to replace me with Hristo Stoitchkov. Luckily I was on a good run and the new chairman gave me a month, after which he said he'd keep me on.

Anyway, first season stats:

PLD 38 W17 D5 L16 F58 A60 GD-2 PTS56

League Cup - Knocked out in Round 2 to Barnsley

FA Cup - Knocked out in Round 5 to Tottenham

Players in - Freddie Ljungberg (Free), Paulo Ferreria (£1.3m - Chelsea), Andriy Nesmanchnyi (£1.4m - D. Kiev), Luigi Bruins (£5.5m - Feyenoord*), Alberto Zapater (£7.25m - Zaragoza*)

Players out - Joey Barton (£6m - A. Villa*), Steve Harper (£1m - Man City*), Geremi (£1.7m - Everton*), Shola Ameobi - (£1m - WBA*)

* - January transfer window.

We had a terrible finish to the season. At one point we were in contention to finish 5th/6th, but it all fell apart in the end. 6 games into my second season and I'm finding it really, really hard to find form again. Might have something to do with the fact we've practically got a completely new team.

Players in - David Albelda (Loan - Valencia), Elliot Omozusi (Free - Fulham), Marko Vejinovic (£2m p/ex - AZ), Matthew Spiranovic (£2m - Nurnberg), Ryan McGowan (£1.7m - Hearts), Nick Hofs (£1.2m - Feyenoord), Rodney Sneijder (£1.1m - Ajax), Falcao (£13m - River), Vincent Kompany (£8.25m - Man City), Ibrahim Afellay (£7.5m - PSV)

Players out - Mark Viduka, Nicky Butt, Cacapa (Released), Danny Guthrie (£1.5m - WBA), Sebastien Bassong (P/Ex - AZ), Habib Beye (£500k - Sunderland) Jonas (£18m - AC Milan), Michael Owen (£10m - Liverpool), Fabricio Coloccini (£13m - Chelsea), Alan Smith (£6m - Sunderland), Freddie Ljungberg (£300k - Wolves)

Finished 7th on my first season with Huddersfield.. We had a rough first half of the season, and were sitting on 17th place in early January, but had a brilliant spring and managed to snatch a respectable league position. I was obviously hoping for a place in the playoffs at the very least, but the gap was just too much for us. :(

League Table (picsharp.com)

Players in: Mark Randall (loan), Ben Davies (55k), Niclas Kalatsev (free), Tim Sparv (40k), Pieter Merlier (40k), James Scowcroft (50k), Egon Wisniowski (85k) and a bunch of cheap youngsters who didn't make it to first team yet.

Players out: Daniel Broadbent (1k), Danny Cadamarteri (18k), Luke Beckett (free)

For the second season things are (were) looking very good, and with the way we played the second half of the first season, we might even compete for promotion next year.. However the game keeps crashing because of the "July 24th 2009" -bug, so for now I can only keep waiting for a patch to fix the save game. Gutted. :(

Otherwise the game is FANTASTIC though! I haven't been that addicted to a game in years. :D

EDIT: The player fees are in Euros, btw. :)

Port Vale Jan 09.

3rd in 2nd and looking good

Fabio, Henri Lansbury, Jack Collison in on loan.

Bought shed loads of continental and Irish bargains under £10k inc Super Mario Jardel. Valued at £200k, asking £0 and paying him £750per week.

I decided I wanted to play with wing backs but have always played 1 up front so used the demo to trial a 3-6-1 or 3-3-2-1-1

leeds utd

won 16 drawn 4 lost 3 1st position

lost to man utd at elland road 1-0 in the fa cup - good effort but they clearly dominated

brought in robbie fowler , insua (on loan from liverpool) , jardel , filepescu, all decent players for league 1

really enjoying the opening season but the championship will need some work :)

Im in my first season with Eastbourne Borough.

23rd..... Played 6 Won 1 Drew 0 Lost 5 For 8 Against 13 Points 3

Eastbourne Borough 2 - 3 Rushden & Diamonds

Stevenage 3 - 2 Eastbourne Borough

Oxford United 2 - 0 Eastbourne Borough

Eastbourne Borough 2 - 3 Cambridge United

Grays Ath 1 - 0 Eastbourne Borough

Eastbourne Borough 2 - 1 Altrincham

Bought in : Lemasson , Viel , Charlie Ide , Simon Thomas (on loan from palace).

Dont look good i know .... It will get better !

Liverpool in first season

P 6 W 6 L 0 D0 F15 A1 GD +14 currently top of league after 4 games, and eased past levski in champions league

brought in higuain from madrid (9.75M), botatelli(sp) from inter (13M), Owen from newcastle (4M) and Elano from Man City (13M)

sold Pennant to Man City (8.75M), Benayoun to Tottenham (5M) and itandje (1.6M)

20 games in to my LLM game (okay, its QPR in the Championship ;) ) and I'm top by a point! Expect to fall down and settle into play-off places. Not sure if its better to go up into Prem first season or consolidate and go up when more of the squad is of my liking... hmm.

Managing Everton, just into Feb:

Premier League: P25 W12 D6 L7 Currently 6th.

Carling Cup: In final with Man City soon

FA: Through to fifth round so far

UEFA: In knockout phase so far

My squad is seriously stretched right now due my cup sucesses, can't wait till the summer!

Having taken charge of St.Albans the board set a target of staying clear of relegation in the conference south, a target i thought was very achievable and duely agreed with their target and thus my budget was set at £0K to spend and a wage budget which was already being exceeded. This wage budget was later cut right down and it's now well under after some contract re-negotiations and players willing to take a pay cut.

Pre-season went very well after what appeared to be two astute signings in Liam Harwood[CB] (£0 from Bristol Rovers) and Spencer Weir-Daley[CF] (£0 from Notts County). The fans creamed themselves over the latter but he hasn't lived up to the hype and has made more sub appearances than starts and scoring just 4 goals. Harwood has been the most impressive with a average rating of 7.05.

All 5 friendlies were won with aplomb scoring 18 goals in the process with promising signs coming out with the league season ahead of us. The league campaign started somewhat frustratingly as I lost the opening 3 games 1-0 but 2 1-0 wins for the Saints had things moving by the end of August.

September started with a 1st round tie in the conference cup, a weakened side was put out and despite a decent showing we bowed out 1-0, needless to say i wasn't fussed in the slightest. The 3 league games that month produced just two points and then a disspointing draw in the FA Cup, 0-0 at home to Tiverton who are a league below.

During September i'd managed to get Watford as my parent club and Theo Robinson and Jonathan North were snapped up on season long loan deals, Lionel Ainsworth, Ross Jenkins and Lewis Young all joined on 3 month loan deals in October and the first two then extended their deals until the end of the season. Despite hitting 13 goals in 18 games Young rejected the chance to stay

October began with FA Cup progression thanks to a 4-1 hammering of Tiverton in the 2nd QR replay, 4 points from 4 league games in the month including a 3-1 win over AFC Wimbledon meant we were hovering around the bottom 3. More FA Cup progression was to follow as Hitchin were beaten 2-1 in the 3rdQR to set up a tie against non-league giants Oxford in the last qualifying round.

As you'd expect being the home side Oxford dominated but the two sides went in at 0-0, Oxford showed their class going 2-0 up with just under 20 minutes to go. An inspired change at HT proved to be their undoing, in his first appearance Lewis Young pulled a goal back on 82 minutes and then sparked scenes of delight as he forced a replay in the 92nd minute. 4 days later he was on the scoresheet again along with Weir-Daley as 2 goals in ET meant a fine cup shock for St.Albans.

Results in the league picked up in November as we went unbeaten gaining 4 wins and two draws as the loanees showed their worth, the draw for the 1st Round proper of the FA Cup presented us with a very tought tie away at Millwall. I was just hoping for a decent showing so when Theo Robinson put us ahead on 25 minutes we were in dreamland, not for long as they were level 15 mins later from the spot. Disaster struck with 12 minutes to go as we were reduced to ten men but then the unthinkable happened, a routine backpass was collected by their keeper who punted the ball straight at Robinson and it comically looped into the net with just 1 minute of normal time remaining. 6 added minutes ensued and sure enough Millwall broke City hearts on 93 minutes with an equaliser. We went on to lost the replay 2-0 at home. Dissapointment on the FA Trophy front going out in the 3rd QR, but hey we can concentrate on the league.

7 points from 4 games in December meant our steady rise up the league continued as we pulled clear of the strugglers. Young and Robinson hit all 9 January goals between them as we picked up 3 wins from 5 and progression into the top half which the bookies/media certainly hadn't seen coming.

Liam Henderson has joined for 3 months to replace Young and February is off to a winning start and i'm sitting pretty in 9th just 3 points off the play-offs after 28 games and we're the top scorers in the league.

Come on The Saints!

Manchester United October 2008

Kept the original team by unticking 'Allow First Transfer Window Transfer' tickbox. Current position is 1st with 5wins and a draw, scoring 11 and conceding only 1. :) Tried out lots of tactics with the help of the post by wwfan (brilliant stuff).

Playing Wrexham

Played 29 W 14, D 9, L 6.

51 points and 3rd in a league now 11 pionts behind leaders

Won first game, then have games 11 without win, dropped to 20th , but slowly team started playing better and now I'm on 9 games without losing winning last 6.

Man Utd First Season

Premiership: Champions. Win 30 Draw 7 Lost 1 Scored 80 Conceded 21

Fa Cup: Knocked out Fourth Rd by Everton

Champions League: Knocked out Semis by Real Madrid

League Cup: Winner beat Arsenal 2-1

Club World Championship: Winner

Super Cup: Winner

Community Shield: Winner

Liverpool in first season

P 6 W 6 L 0 D0 F15 A1 GD +14 currently top of league after 4 games, and eased past levski in champions league

brought in higuain from madrid (9.75M), botatelli(sp) from inter (13M), Owen from newcastle (4M) and Elano from Man City (13M)

sold Pennant to Man City (8.75M), Benayoun to Tottenham (5M) and itandje (1.6M)

how did u manage that, because liverpool have 3.8 mill to start off with

Only 4 games so far - I'm a LLM/career player and am in charge at Vauxhall Motors.

P4 W3 D1 L0 F10 A4

That seems ok but I'm not happy, been dominated in possession in all four games, passing is poor and lots of bookings. Disaster lurks around the corner.

Enjoying the struggle with Vauxhall myself. Played halfway through 1st season. About midtable with a good home form but without a league win away.

Archived