Best result so far

United fan here, but well done on your success. You'll need that memory when you get relegated! :p

As for me, I'm in October with Inverness CT and I suppose my best result so far is a 1-0 win away to Hearts. Just lost 4-1 at home to Motherwell, though. So I actually feel a bit down about things. Three defeats in a row. :(

HalfPenny, I love the fact at the bottom left of your screen, it says "Ferguson expects to crush City"

In all seriousness, what manager ever tells the press they expect to crush the opposition. Even Ferguson, who I'm sure many of you out there have no respect for, never comes out and says he expects to crush anyone. I suppose you could claim the press twist things, but even if a big draws Tiny Village United FC, the manager talks about doing a professional job and respecting the opposition rather than about 'crushing' them.

My best result so far is beating Chelsea in the third round of the league cup with Wolves. I beat them 3-1 after extra time. What made it extra special was i equalized in the 91st minute to take it to extra time. Ebanks-Blake scored a hat trick off the bench. It was probably by best ever result in FM, couldn't believe it. Shame i got man utd in the next round and lost 3-1 :(

Mine is a 2-0 win somewhere or other, since it's my only win by more than one goal. I have won 14 matches, 13 of them by one goal; I have lost 10 matches, 9 of them by one goal; and I have drawn the rest. I find that the match engine turns up too many close results on the whole.

It beats the massive goal counts that you used to get in later seasons in FM08. Chances are that it is your tactics :p

• Administrators

Mine?

Just now, last game of the season (my first season!) it had to be said with it being the most important.

1-1 draw with Thurrock in the Playoff Final, I won 4-2 on penalties.

(I'm AFC Wimbledon)

Brilliant seeing as my star striker was out for the second half of the season and I limped my way to the playoffs.

Including the final (consider it as a draw normal time) I had only won 1 in my previous 6, a 1-0 victory against Bromley at home in the semi.

So for a host of reasons it was a great result to secure promotion and all.

I am playing as Arsenal and just had a thriller of a match with Manchester United at Old Trafford!

Prior to the match, I had the following first team players out due to injuries:

Cesc Fabregas

Anatoli Tymoschuk

Robin van Persie

Nicklas Bendtner

Tomas Rosicky

Eduardo

My central midfield options were so low that I had to play Johan Djourou and Alex Song there (I had already sold off Denilson). Thankfully I still had capable attacking prowess in Theo Walcott, Samir Nasri on the flanks and Emmanuel Adebayor and Carlos Vela upfront.

Manchester United meanwhile, had all first team players available. Cheaters, haha.

Thinking this match was more or less forfeit, my fear was validated when Scholes scored a screamer from outside the box as early as the 2nd minute. :(

However, amazingly Djourou belted in a similar goal at the other end in the 6th minute. And then Vela grabbed another in the 9th minute!

3 minutes after that, I was brought back down to earth again when Berbatov equalised. But I was buzzing nevertheless. The score is 2-2 and only 12 minutes had passed!

It was such a great match to watch. In the end, the overall possession of both teams were evenly split (50-50). They had 12 shots, 6 on target. We had 12 shots too, but 8 on target.

We nicked it in the end though. Vela scored another goal in the 2nd half and it ended 3-2 in favor of Arsenal. :D

St Pauli 6 - 0 1860 Munchen. Absolutely destroyed them. In the reverse fixture, I got a draw, which left me needing to beat Mainz by three goals to go up, as they also drew. Then the game crashed, and now I can't repeat the result, ecause I can only draw whilst Mainz win. Grr!

Edit: Scratch that! Just did it. One-nil away from home. Now a win against Mainz will see me up, anything less and I'm in the playoff.

Archived