This is starting to get ridiculous

I stopped reading after the list. Sorry.

The thing with this version is that you have to cater training and tactics towards the particular time of the season. That being said, I still think injuries are too high, although I've not had anything approaching a crisis.... yet.

The thing that annoys me is that almost all injuries are of a month or longer. There are almost no short-term ones.

game seems perfect to me right now.

injuries happen in real life and some teams get a caning from time to time.

im very pleased to see the attention to detail employed by SI, such as the need for a lighter training regime early on in the season to avoid such catastrophes.

Before the patch it was disgraceful, came out of one match with 5 injured players, then the next game another 2 injured and 2 more the next game. Glad I remembered there was a patch out, its not been nearly as bad since.

hey guess what everyone!?!!?!

In my Chelsea game Essien is injured until March 2010 !!!!! and Drogba has barely been fit for a single club game all year!!!! Deco has only just come back after being out for a month or 2,,, J Cole is still out too!!!!

oh wait, thats real life.

weird hey.

I will say one thing, and I (touch wood) haven't been struck with this yet:

--------------------------

If the Board Confidence is not able to factor in a teams underperformance due to a spate of long injuries decimating it then I'm going to be extremely ****ed off should it happen to me.

--------------------------

Can anyone in this position comment?

hey guess what everyone!?!!?!

In my Chelsea game Essien is injured until March 2010 !!!!! and Drogba has barely been fit for a single club game all year!!!! Deco has only just come back after being out for a month or 2,,, J Cole is still out too!!!!

oh wait, thats real life.

weird hey.

Actually, Physioroom says Essien is out until March '09, but it does list 7 other players as being out injured at the moment. Also, Newcastle have 7 injuries, Man City and West Ham 6 each and not a single Premiership club is free of injuries. Unrealistic?

I honestly don't understand why they want to make players so injury prone. It's simply not realistic. Before you get on about training and conditioning. I always watch my player's conditions before matches. For some reason the guys at SI think that every midfielder must run twice as many kilometers as the rest of the players. If you watch any game on television where they track the distance covered statistic, that's just simply not true.

I still get 1-2 injuries requiring substitution. Playing Barca I've had 10 injuries in 9 matches requiring substitution, and several knocks. I've never started a guy under 95% condition. Compare that with real life Barca and only 4 times have they required to substitute a guy in the 20+ games they've already played this year.

And why does every knock that a player can run off turn into an injury? In 08, if you substitute the guy who took a knock and not leave him on the pitch for very long he doesn't develop month long injuries, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If a guy tweaks his ankles a little bit, runs it off and plays for the rest of the match, that automatically means he develops a long term injury? What kind of logic is that?

The main problem here is, it's at a point where the game is no longer fun. It's like ok, you wanted to add another dimension, being careful with training and managing injuries, I get that. But when the player takes that into account, manages player conditions very carefully and still has 5-6 starting players injured at any time it's just not fun anymore.

Actually, Physioroom says Essien is out until March '09, but it does list 7 other players as being out injured at the moment. Also, Newcastle have 7 injuries, Man City and West Ham 6 each and not a single Premiership club is free of injuries. Unrealistic?

im not sure if you detected the sarcasm of my post.

the intention was to show those moaning about injuries that they do indeed occur to this extent in real life.

im happy with the levels of injuries in the game.

Tugs training and i'm sure other training schedules that worked well on 08 are causing alot of injuries in 09... on General its fine.

This could indeed be a factor aye. I am using Tugs' and in my third premiership match, lost 3 players to injury (Fabregas out for 5 months, van Persie out for 1 month and Tymoschuk out for 2 weeks). I am not too irritated though since I can accept that this would happen in real life too.

Time to go tweak the training programmes hehe.

• Administrators
I honestly don't understand why they want to make players so injury prone. It's simply not realistic. Before you get on about training and conditioning. I always watch my player's conditions before matches. For some reason the guys at SI think that every midfielder must run twice as many kilometers as the rest of the players. If you watch any game on television where they track the distance covered statistic, that's just simply not true.

I still get 1-2 injuries requiring substitution. Playing Barca I've had 10 injuries in 9 matches requiring substitution, and several knocks. I've never started a guy under 95% condition. Compare that with real life Barca and only 4 times have they required to substitute a guy in the 20+ games they've already played this year.

And why does every knock that a player can run off turn into an injury? In 08, if you substitute the guy who took a knock and not leave him on the pitch for very long he doesn't develop month long injuries, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If a guy tweaks his ankles a little bit, runs it off and plays for the rest of the match, that automatically means he develops a long term injury? What kind of logic is that?

The main problem here is, it's at a point where the game is no longer fun. It's like ok, you wanted to add another dimension, being careful with training and managing injuries, I get that. But when the player takes that into account, manages player conditions very carefully and still has 5-6 starting players injured at any time it's just not fun anymore.

I bet you've got forward runs on often for your midfielders that are tired haven't you? You have to realise that constant forward runs mixed with a high closing down rate will shatter your players quicker than others on the pitch.

I'd also make sure that no training schedule is heavy and that you don't have aerobic and strength training too high.

I bet you've got forward runs on often for your midfielders that are tired haven't you? You have to realise that constant forward runs mixed with a high closing down rate will shatter your players quicker than others on the pitch.

I'd also make sure that no training schedule is heavy and that you don't have aerobic and strength training too high.

how can you say fwd runs should never be often...some part of the match a player would have to do that..what i see here is that there is absolutely no scope of a minor injury...every one is a ankle twister or a rib breaker or a leg gashing...and they all take minimum 1 month onwards...even a facial injury will take 14 days in this game...I have never seen a player come back in 7 days from a gashing...I am in october...and I have lost Kaka twice (once after he came back from the initial injury with which he starts)...pirlo, inzhagi. Pirlo is hardly a payer for too much running..and for me he is a deep lying playmaker so he has fwd run to seldom.

Kaka has fwd run as medium. I guess we see how the prime players get such horrendous injuries so often.

all teams in serie A has at least 1 player who is out for more than a month where the injury has happened inside the season.

I think the 33% figure by which SI reduced the injuries from patch needs to be made higher.

im not sure if you detected the sarcasm of my post.

the intention was to show those moaning about injuries that they do indeed occur to this extent in real life.

im happy with the levels of injuries in the game.

I did indeed detect that sarcasm, and while the main thrust of my post was meant to back up exactly what you said, I did think it was fair to point out that Essien isn't actually out for 16 months. :)

3 games, here's my list of injuries:

Adebayor - 1 month

Balotelli - 1 month

Bendtner - 5 months

Yaya Toure - 2 weeks

Nasri - 2 weeks

Denilson - 1 week

Unrealistic much? And yes, I have the patch.

That's some bad luck and I can understand that you are annoyed. I would be too.

However, as I don't see overly many people on here giving the same kind of stats I assume that it indeed just is bad luck. Doesn't make it any better for your situation but it doesn't look like the game is heavily at fault threre. These injury crisises happen irl as well to some few clubs.

Good luck overcoming it :):thup:

My experience so far is that injuries are fine.

Some tips:

- Do not play your starting 11 for the majority of every pre-season friendly

- Manage training levels effectively

- Check the condition of players before you start them

- Sub off players with minor knocks, or players whos condition has dropped throughout the course of the match

- Check your tactics for forward runs, creative freedom and closing down - all of these force your players to run about a lot more

If you do all of the above and still get a lot of injuries, you are unlucky.

Remember that a lot has changed since FM07/FM08, the way you set up and played your games and chose your team need to be alterede to reflect the new game. Re-hashing old training schemes and tactics is unlikely to work.

Well let me just give my opinion on this guys !

I have around 2 to 3 injuries per week so far,

And for what I have seen is that a so called

minor injurie like concsn. or pain, if you take the player

out of the game during a match when that happens it

can prevent a seriouse injurie from happening...

I am not saying that its good and ok the way it is

the game at the moment, injuries don't happend offten

in every single game, thought it can depend a lot on

the professional staff and their quality that you have

training the players as well for the training conditions

your club haves...

I think yes ther are not to many injuries in the game,

what I think its not OK its the kind of injuries and the

time they take to get the player on the field again,

it seems normal now the 2 and more month injuries

and thought in real life can happen offten during some match

it is by far not normal the volume of that kind of injuries

in FM09 in this moment...

So what I think needs to be fixed is the amount of long time

ealing injuries and for sure the small injuries ealing times...

I remember Tiago from SL Benfica that is now on Inter Milan

I think , when he was younger and steel in SLB playing

one time with a broken nose! ( Just a Clue)

Injuries are ok the time and long term number of injuries are not!

This is just my opinion !

Archived