Man City's Millions

In my 'on holiday' game, by 2024 they have spent £840 million on players, and got back £240 million on transfers out.

And for all that they have won the Champions League once, the FA Cup twice and the League Cup twice. Mark Hughes hung around till 2022, before stepping into Benitez's shoes in 2023.

In my 'on holiday' game, by 2024 they have spent £840 million on players, and got back £240 million on transfers out.

And for all that they have won the Champions League once, the FA Cup twice and the League Cup twice. Mark Hughes hung around till 2022, before stepping into Benitez's shoes in 2023.

Wow...

Hughes stayed longer than I would of thought.

Come the January window in real life, we will get some idea of just how much money they will have.

I believe right now that no-one really knows how much would be in the kitty, but you have to start somewhere with the game data I guess.

I don't think anyone is worth 555 billion, I suspect we have an extra 5 in there.

Exactly, and i'm not saying your never have him play for you, but it's silly how so many people have said today, even on here, that he is going to city in jan ect... ! If he does I will eat my words, but why oh why do people believe papers!

I agree. It's nice to hear such rumours, but let's face it. We'll need to be in the top 4 before that calibre of player starts to come into the ranks. Robinho's the exception, but most want Champions League. I do think under Hughes, with his tactical mistakes (we saw it again today) that's unachievable.

acmilano112000: The same Hull which beat Arsenal at the Emirates?

While managing Tottenham, Man City have become the bane of my existence! I go for a player, agree to a deal, then they come in, offer 100k a week, and viola, he goes to Man City.

And it wasn't as if I was offering a bad contract or anything, indeed it was slightly better than what he asked for.

I've had this happen a couple of times, very annoying.

Mind you, I'll be the one laughing next summer when I buy the same players for half the price because they're unhappy at not getting any playing time.

Robinho sticks out like a sore thumb he's on an entirely different class from the rest of the city team, only Steve Ireland and Elano seem to understand him on a footballing level, Wright Phillips and co. can do the running but simply do not see the game as he does.

Yeah, they won't get Robinho either.

Oh, hang on...

That was different.

1. He wasn't playing regularly for Real

2. He was probably offered ridiculous money, and kaka is most probably already on that

3. Robinho seems to be motivated by money, kaka doesn't.

4. Robinho is not Kaka (who is much better)

Robinho was a special case. He was desperate to get away from Madrid, and Man City seemed the only team able to fork out the cash for him. He was obviously keen on a move to Chelsea who were unwilling to pay the asking price, given the choice of another season being treated badly at Madrid, or moving to Man City, he had no option really.

As with Chelsea when Abramovich first invested, I think City will struggle to bag the top names, but will be constantly linked with them. Besides, it's not such a good thing. Their squad is already worth a fortune but are unable to gel. I wouldn't entirely blame Mark Hughes as he clearly has a lot of players he doesn't want and can't figure out how to fit into his team (e.g. Elano). Man City made their own bed by sacking Sven, who was building a team the way he wanted it. Mark Hughes now needs time to sort his team out the way he wants it, instead of having more over priced muppets bought for him!

It reminds me of previous versions of FM where the Chairman felt I hadn't done enough in the transfer market and bought players I simply couldn't fit into my tactics. Do they still have that in the latest versions? Can't say I've noticed it in 08 or the 09 demo. Can't try out the full game until Asda send me my copy!

Come the January window in real life, we will get some idea of just how much money they will have.

I believe right now that no-one really knows how much would be in the kitty, but you have to start somewhere with the game data I guess.

I don't think anyone is worth 555 billion, I suspect we have an extra 5 in there.

The "group" is worth about 500billion yes.

"In my 'on holiday' game, by 2024 they have spent £840 million on players, and got back £240 million on transfers out.

And for all that they have won the Champions League once, the FA Cup twice and the League Cup twice. Mark Hughes hung around till 2022, before stepping into Benitez's shoes in 2023."

LMAO, you sir are my hero.

LOL @ Kaka signing for Man City.

They might have the money to buy a squad full of stars, but the fact is, the results they're pulling out isn't going to attract the big stars.

Something tells me Man City are going to turn out like another Real Madrid, buying all the old timers, people who are past it, and wondering why they still can't win the Champions League.

Kaka is fueled by money, hence why he never stomps out transfer rumours to Madrid UNTIL he has his new contract and wage-rise. It annoys me when so many people think of Kaka has a pure golden boy. Hes a good guy but he IS motivated by money (albiet not as much as he wants to stay at a worldclass club).

Robinho was a regular at madrid until his injury which caused a dip in form. He was pivotal to Madrid winning La Liga for the first half of the season and he was one of their best wide players (of a few). However, they wouldn't offer a new contract. I honestly believe if Robinho knew a week from the transfer window deadline that Chelsea were going to pull out and that no other top sides were going to bid, he wouldn't have joined Manchester City. Sadly, the situation at Madrid declined to the extent he had no choice. Thats not even taking into account the Ronaldo saga (the fact Madrid were filling to offer Ronaldo 200,000+ but not provide Robinho with a satisfactory wage-rise).

City's owners have a net worth of over 550 billion dollars. They are the richest consignment in the world. Besides being the biggest property developers in the Eastern world, they also are one of the biggest oil producers. Dont forget that they are also the royal family of Abu Dhabi. Basically, money is not a problem. It is reported that for every USD1 that the price of oil rises, they make an extra profit of 500 million a day(over the disgusting amount of profits that they already make).

Signing Robinho was indeed the first step in a long adventure which will eventually see City progress into one of the top teams in Europe. It will take time and some intelligent dealings in the transfer market, but it will surely happen. They will not be signing players like kaka anytime soon unless the players themselves are in rough waters with their respective clubs, but once they become a top 6 premiership team, expect many world class signings.

In the game they are given a 70 million transfer budget. I feel it is enough, even though it is inaccurate. They just confirmed 200m for hughes to get to work with in January.

Very hard to believe some bastards have that much assets or cash er?

I always thought Bill Gates was the richest in the world, not until i found about these arab guys :eek: it was shocking news to me :eek: 555 billion :eek:

Is only a matter of time before City transforms into one big club with all the superstars... $$$$ + trophies (once they get sorted)

they drew with hull today... recent form is pathetic, against mediocre teams. this team is going nowhere, haha.

Pathetic. Teams aren't build overnight. Just like on FM :D

But believe me, oh dear. City will DEFINATELY transform into a big club!@ Ac Milan is going nowhere :thdn: look where you guys spent your money over the summer. :D

"In my 'on holiday' game, by 2024 they have spent £840 million on players, and got back £240 million on transfers out.

And for all that they have won the Champions League once, the FA Cup twice and the League Cup twice. Mark Hughes hung around till 2022, before stepping into Benitez's shoes in 2023."

LMAO, you sir are my hero.

well im very happy now i have found out that the owners are going to give benitez a new contract! :p

Kaka' isn't as motivated by money as other players - He belongs to Jesus.

There's no way he'll leave Meelan in the near future, he has a potential champion's league win every season there.

Its part of his image mate, just because he runs around with a Jesus t-shirt doesn't make him a saint he is after all playing for BIG bucks.

Milan is a backline short of CL glory, i just can't see them keeping out big sides without Gattuso making mincemeat out of the opposing team's creative cogs, but he's not getting younger and though flamini's decent he aint in the same class.

i wnt man city this morning to see what it would be like. i was bidding 40, 50 million for players and couldnt get them accepted highest i went up to was 62 for gerrard which got rejected

the few that did get accepted ..the players themselves turned down 140 PW contracts with 5 million signing on fee and 28k per match and goal... grrr whats the point of 66 million if you cant spend it! :p

maybe its a good thing, they just offered me £9m for joey barton :)

I had to pay £11.5m for him.

His partnership with Dabo (lol) is tearing up Serie A for me.

And when they get Torres, and Gerrard for 150 million, will you be so happy then? :D

If I was Liverpool I'd be pretty happy with that.

I'd buy Goran Pandev and Alexandr Pato for £60m and be very pleased with the £90m profit margin.

they do have that much money because its not just one person, from what i heard, its a group of very rich people and businesses that have investments in lots of ent companies

the riches person in the world is bill gates again, hes worth $57billion. second is warren buffet, hes roumoured to have lost $12bn in 6 months though

i wnt man city this morning to see what it would be like. i was bidding 40, 50 million for players and couldnt get them accepted highest i went up to was 62 for gerrard which got rejected

the few that did get accepted ..the players themselves turned down 140 PW contracts with 5 million signing on fee and 28k per match and goal... grrr whats the point of 66 million if you cant spend it! :p

I bought Marcelo, Arshavin, Rafinha, Palombo. All excellent players.

It is realistic that the WORLD CLASS players might not want to join a team in CL, and i would find it boring if i could just go for anyone and he just signs with no questions asked.

Regarding KAKA, many see him as a money grabbing bastard, but, he donates a lot of his money to the church. He says he belongs to Jesus because when he was 18 he slipped and broke his back in an accident at a swimming pool and he made a miracle recovery. Best player in the world in my opinion, and a super nice guy to boot.

I think thats how much the company have and not the wealth of any one particular individual.

70 million im lead to believe is there budget

bill gates has over 60 billion im sure

Bill Gates is no longer the richest man in the world. He was recently over taken by someone called Warren Buffett. Read about it at

http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/05/buffett-worlds-richest-cx_mm_0229buffetrichest.html

£18M for Carrick? - Surely no team in the real football world would ever pay that much!!! ;-)

Isn't that what Man U paid for him irl? I'm sure it was either that or something close to it.

Archived