You can't spell RSI without SI.

So I have to :

Click make available for reserves, and then keep checking on guys to see if they are match fit. Then click to stop making them available.

I have to click on split view each and every single match.

I also have to click on whether I'm the Home Motivation team or the Away one, every single match.

Instead of having one tedious media item to respond to, I now have 5-8 tedious media items to respond to.

What happened to move to reserves until match fit? What happened to remembering I use split view? What happened to deciding I'm unlikely to care about the motivation of the opposition and doing what you do with the ratings and have it tied to my team?

Are you sponsored by a microswitch company or a physiotherapist? Is there a reason for such a huge amount of pointless clicks? As if the game isn't micromanagement heavy enough you have to design a deliberately obtuse UI? Is it just me? Are any of these questions not rhetorical? :)

VB

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I remember the sweet old days of 01/02 when all you had to worry about was the little text box during match day, and your time between matches was pleasantly sparse. Now we have match odds, responding to pre-match media speculation, "match day experience", match preview, pre-match talks, yawn... what's with all the foreplay?

And i think beyond the lack of click efficiency, we suffer from the game's lag (and don't tell me it's quick, anything that doesn't instantly switch between screens has some lag), which is exacerbated (spelt correctly on first attempt!) by having to go through so many screens and menus.

I find myself doing things more because I'm compelled to do them, than because I want to do them. I get it, it's realistic - if you want to succeed, then you will micro-manage, dammit! But what if I want to have fun? What if I'm disinterested in specifying the dietary prescriptions for my third-string under-18 squad goalie? (this rhetorical question thing is infectious)

In short, I concur that the game is now at such a high complexity level that overhauling the options for automation in both number and functionality (i.e. they actually work) is critical to its future success. Otherwise, all but the most zealous will eventually be alienated.

masteratt.. if that is true, you'll really love that 'don't click the button' game that's floating around somewhere online.

Archived