Ran out of memory?

F94

I'm in the middle of a match and all of a sudden a window pops up saying that FM was low on memory and to quit and free up some. I click "ok" and then another pops up saying that the game had completly ran out and the game would now close.

What is meant by "Memory" in this case?

I'm in the middle of a match and all of a sudden a window pops up saying that FM was low on memory and to quit and free up some. I click "ok" and then another pops up saying that the game had completly ran out and the game would now close.

What is meant by "Memory" in this case?

I recently got a new PC. I'm not entirely sure what my memory its has but I think it was 1 or 2gb or Ram and about 250gb Hard Drive Space. I havn't filled much up either as loads of stuff got wiped when we changed over the files from old to new PC.

I've now loaded up the game again and all seems fine. I have been getting a Crash Dump Error recently, just since I've got the new PC and Vista, it only occours during matches and shuts down the game completly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

I had that happen when I was on 128mb of ram. Forgot to put my other chip in to bring it up to 256.

Vista is Evil. I prefer my XP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You tried to run Vista on 128/256mb of ram?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iglesia:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

I had that happen when I was on 128mb of ram. Forgot to put my other chip in to bring it up to 256.

Vista is Evil. I prefer my XP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You tried to run Vista on 128/256mb of ram? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, my parents have Vista on their new computer, I used to play on it before I got internet in my room on my XP, and I thought Vista was the biggest pile of crap ever. But I wish I had the ram and space they have.

yes apple is great, this way you'll buy a 256MB RAM module 400$ instead of 40$ just because there's an apple sticker on yet despite the module model is identical to those used on PC. I couldn't stopped laughing when that happened to a colleague, he purchased his memory stick and when I red the model number on yet and made a search, it appeared that this was sold 6.5 cheaper in a PC shop than in a Apple shop.

Definitely go on apple if you're rich and want to show it to the rest of the world

what was the last technical improvment made by Apple already? Ah yeah, becoming a PC. Well the previous one, FireWire about 20 years ago. Still they sell you the baby tool twice the price!!!

Some of them want to use you

Some of them want to get used by you

Some of them want to abuse you

Some of them want to be abused

still, what makes the PC frightening for some people is the fact it's bundled with Windows. Get rid of Vista as it divides by two the power of your computer. If you want to have nice looking interface, go Linux, you'll have the same smooth interface "Aqua" as with Mac, basically you will have a Mac that costed half the price (1000€ just to have a nice PC case is a bit abusive, but that's Mac, you buy the box, not what is inside that is just common low quality components)

Vista is known to be memory intensive. Its also known to be extremely in helpful in its reporting problems

1gb Ram seems very low for vista, I think 2GB min, probably 3-4 ideal

Was FM the only application running or perhaps something else was also and this cause a memory issue which FM reported to you ? Did you have anti-virus software running

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by al23:

change the size of the virtual memory file and set it to a min of 4096 MB and a max of 4096 MB, the crash may be caused by a pagefile.sys too small </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could someone give me a guide on how to do this please?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F94:

****, it has just happened again. Has this ever happened to anyone else. If so, what did you do to sort it out? It seems to only happen during games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just did a Google search for you, and lo and behold, the first hit:

Microsoft step-by-step changing of virtual memory in Vista

But after those kind of crashes, ALWAYS reboot your computer!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F94:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by al23:

change the size of the virtual memory file and set it to a min of 4096 MB and a max of 4096 MB, the crash may be caused by a pagefile.sys too small </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could someone give me a guide on how to do this please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fella - I'm pretty sure there are 1 or 2 types of anti-virus (AV) that may cause these problems. Its probably in a sticky else try a search. I personally run Bull guard and its fine

As a trial...disconnect from the internet then disable your AV and see what happens

Do ensure you re-enable the AV if connecting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrPompey:

Could someone give me a guide on how to do this please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fella - I'm pretty sure there are 1 or 2 types of anti-virus (AV) that may cause these problems. Its probably in a sticky else try a search. I personally run Bull guard and its fine

As a trial...disconnect from the internet then disable your AV and see what happens

Do ensure you re-enable the AV if connecting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<continues sentence>...back to the internet

Basically, yyou need more ram memory. I would say at least 1gb of ram is needed. You an by ram fairly cheaply and it is not hard to put it.

Also if you are playing and you get a message stating that' you need to free up memory' instead of hitting ok. press ctrl,alt and delete and view your processes. Youmay have something running that is using up memory. If you end this, you can press ok on FM and quickly save it before it crashes therefore not having to play those games again...just a hint icon_smile.gif

Archived