Transfer Budgets?

Just loaded up,,,,,,finally! to have a quick look before starting a game and noted West Ham were down as "Rich" but have a Transfer Budget of a mere 1 Million? Lord only knows what Clubs marked as poor have to spend. What are other Clubs like?

Also has anyone noticed that there is no shortcut link to some of your favourite ex players on the Club Info screen but there is with others? I could click on Carlos Tevez but couldn't with Glen Johnson or Rio Ferdinand?!

Wouldn't make that much sense because some teams, like Man city still then have 70 odd million to spend. I thought if you ticked the option for first window budgets, you'd ideally have roughly at least around what the club spent or were thought to have.

Just loaded up,,,,,,finally! to have a quick look before starting a game and noted West Ham were down as "Rich" but have a Transfer Budget of a mere 1 Million? Lord only knows what Clubs marked as poor have to spend. What are other Clubs like?

Also has anyone noticed that there is no shortcut link to some of your favourite ex players on the Club Info screen but there is with others? I could click on Carlos Tevez but couldn't with Glen Johnson or Rio Ferdinand?!

Lol... they have West Ham listed as rich?

By the final patch they'll probably be in administration...

I had 10 million 2 spend at middlesbrough

Another bug, I have now loaded the game with Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and many other with a variety of leagues and all of them start you off with a whopping £0 transfer budget.

This is with the patch loaded.

I was this bored

team/minimum expectation/transfer budget/wage budget (budgets in pounds)

Arsenal/title challenge/38M/975K

Villa/top half/5M/550K

Hull City/attempt to avoid relegation/3M/240K

Blackburn/top half/11.5M/425K

Bolton/avoid relegation/5M/350K

Chelsea/title challenge/30M/1.7 million

Stoke City/attempt to avoid relegation/4.3M/300K

Everton/top half/1M/600K

Fulham/attempt to avoid relegation/2.5M/475K

Liverpool/continental qualification/3.8M/1.1M

Man City/top half/55M/1.4M

Man Unt/title challenge/10M/1.3M

Boro/mid table/10M/450K

Newcastle/top half/4.3M/925K

Portsmouth/top half/0 budget/675K

Sunderland/avoid relegation/2M/500K

West Brom/avoid relegation/6.25M/375K

Tottenham/ top half/27M/850K

West Ham/top half/1M/750K

Wigan/avoid relegation/2M/375K

I was surprised Liverpool only had 1.1m transfer budget in the first season.

I thought the idea of transfer budget in first season option was to ignore the real life expenditure (ie keane for LFC) and have it set to be the amount they would have at the start of the summer before they spent any money.

A bit unrealistic I know but that is why it was an option and also it gives gamers a chance to spend and not have to wait a year to get a proper budget.

I was surprised Liverpool only had 1.1m transfer budget in the first season.

I thought the idea of transfer budget in first season option was to ignore the real life expenditure (ie keane for LFC) and have it set to be the amount they would have at the start of the summer before they spent any money.

A bit unrealistic I know but that is why it was an option and also it gives gamers a chance to spend and not have to wait a year to get a proper budget.

Sorry for the complete noobness of this question but where is the option you're referring to? Do you set this in the editor or when creating a game? I've never noticed this option.

Sorry for the complete noobness of this question but where is the option you're referring to? Do you set this in the editor or when creating a game? I've never noticed this option.

I'm confused too, I don't have the full game yet, but have never heard of this option:confused: Why would the budget be decreased under those circumstances?

^^ When you start a new game, one of the options is to 'Enable Transfer Budget in First Window' or something similar, ie; to give you new $$$ even though your club have of course already spent the $$$ back in August 2008..

I'm finding the relative budgets/player costs to be about as realistic as can be hoped so far..

The option isn't to ignore the spending in pre-season as I understand it.

I've always looked at it in the sense that transfers are up-to-date as of 1st September 2008. Given the transfer window has then closed, that club can't sign any more players until January (apart from unattached players etc). The option at the start is to remove all transfer budgets until 1st September, meaning that squads remain as they are in real life at the close of the transfer window. It's to allow players a more realistic experience.

The transfer budgets each team have at the start of the game are roughly worked out by speculation. They take the amount they believe each team has to spend that pre-season, deduct what they have actually spent in real-life (as those transfers have effectively gone through in game as well with the players starting at their new clubs e.g. Berbatov shouldn't actually be at Man Utd until 31st August), and leave you with the remainder as your transfer budget. That's why some teams have such low transfer budgets, they have effectively already spent their allowance, even though the club is quite well off. Similarly, Man City still have a fortune because they reportedly had an almost blank cheque, and so still have a load of money to spend after all their signings. Arsenal start with a big budget because they reportedly have the funds to sign players, but Wenger chooses not to use his budget, ever, under any circumstances!

Hope this explains the transfer budgets a bit.

^^ When you start a new game, one of the options is to 'Enable Transfer Budget in First Window' or something similar, ie; to give you new $$$ even though your club have of course already spent the $$$ back in August 2008..

I'm finding the relative budgets/player costs to be about as realistic as can be hoped so far..

Oops this option was unchecked, now the teams have money, I guess it was late at night.

I've always looked at it in the sense that transfers are up-to-date as of 1st September 2008. Given the transfer window has then closed, that club can't sign any more players until January (apart from unattached players etc). The option at the start is to remove all transfer budgets until 1st September, meaning that squads remain as they are in real life at the close of the transfer window. It's to allow players a more realistic experience.

The transfer budgets each team have at the start of the game are roughly worked out by speculation. They take the amount they believe each team has to spend that pre-season, deduct what they have actually spent in real-life (as those transfers have effectively gone through in game as well with the players starting at their new clubs e.g. Berbatov shouldn't actually be at Man Utd until 31st August), and leave you with the remainder as your transfer budget. That's why some teams have such low transfer budgets, they have effectively already spent their allowance, even though the club is quite well off. Similarly, Man City still have a fortune because they reportedly had an almost blank cheque, and so still have a load of money to spend after all their signings. Arsenal start with a big budget because they reportedly have the funds to sign players, but Wenger chooses not to use his budget, ever, under any circumstances!

Thx for this "logical" explanation sounds reasonable. If this was exactly considered by SI, than mea culpa!

I was this bored

Villa/top half/5M/550K

Everton/top half/1M/600K

Boro/mid table/10M/450K

hey mate thanks for this mate really helpful and by the way can someone please tell me how much money QPR get given at the start of the game as im intrested in starting a game as them. many thanks people

I was this bored

Villa/top half/5M/550K

Everton/top half/1M/600K

Boro/mid table/10M/450K

Thanks a lot, that was really helpful. And Portsmouth with 0?

Man City with only 55m? Interesting.

• SI Staff

Thank you ! You have saved me from typing all this all over again :)

The above is pretty much a spot on explanation of how the game is modelled regards to the starting transfer budgets.

hey mate thanks for this mate really helpful and by the way can someone please tell me how much money QPR get given at the start of the game as im intrested in starting a game as them. many thanks people

I started with 11 mill at QPR tryin 4 a top half finish

Archived