The Faroe Islands

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Faroeman:

Is there any chance that FM can introduce the Faroese league onto the next edition of the game?

All in favour? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think everyone would like their own league to be in the game, but in some instances it really isn't going to happen. Faroes would be one of those unfortunately for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wouldn't mind that. But only if they add a few African (fe Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, etc), North-American (Canada, Guatamala, etc) and Asian (Iran, Iraq, Uzbekistan) leagues aswell, as I'm more inclined to play there. Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There really isn't a league in Canada. Most of the teams are in American leagues except for small local leagues. (and if your going to inter duce those you might as well add another 4 or 5 levels onto the English pyramid because of the level of play is rather poor).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mmcgowan:

There really isn't a league in Canada. Most of the teams are in American leagues except for small local leagues. (and if your going to inter duce those you might as well add another 4 or 5 levels onto the English pyramid because of the level of play is rather poor). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, actually there is a league in Canada called the Canadian Soccer League. There are only 3 Canadian teams that play at a higher level than that (Toronto FC, Montreal Impact, and Vancouver Whitecaps) and every team below USL 1st Division is lower than the CSL. Is there some way you know the level of play is poor? You didn't know there was a top tier league so you'd be hard pressed to explain how you know about their level of play.

If you go to the Canadian International team and look under domestic clubs I believe, there's a bunch of Canadian teams there. All it needs is a league added. Would be fun playing as London City.

But it really doesn't matter to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mmcgowan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wouldn't mind that. But only if they add a few African (fe Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, etc), North-American (Canada, Guatamala, etc) and Asian (Iran, Iraq, Uzbekistan) leagues aswell, as I'm more inclined to play there. Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There really isn't a league in Canada. Most of the teams are in American leagues except for small local leagues. (and if your going to inter duce those you might as well add another 4 or 5 levels onto the English pyramid because of the level of play is rather poor). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't care that their level of play is rather poor. I actually want to play with poor teams. Reason I want a couple of those leagues, is because I like managing outside of Europe and I already played every league in the game.

I'm getting bored with FM, I think. icon_biggrin.gif

I've been wanting the Faroese league in for years. It would be a fantastic challenge since I've managed the Faroese national team countless times, including taking them to the World Cup once. That would have been so much more fun had I been able to develop Faroese players at a Faroese club at the same time.

Personally I'd be happy enough if SI removed the French league and put the Faroese league in instead icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herter:

icon14.gif

I'd really like to manage my beloved HB to CL glory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taktu Islenskt lid og kauptu faereyska leikmenn. Do you understand that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Internet:

There's a Faroese database available on the Editors forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif download that.

I downloaded a database where someone switched Honk Kong for the Fiji Islands. Ca 20 is considered good and all players and staff are 100% amateur. truly awful standard but great fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gimpyn00b:

Yes, actually there is a league in Canada called the Canadian Soccer League. There are only 3 Canadian teams that play at a higher level than that (Toronto FC, Montreal Impact, and Vancouver Whitecaps) and every team below USL 1st Division is lower than the CSL. Is there some way you know the level of play is poor? You didn't know there was a top tier league so you'd be hard pressed to explain how you know about their level of play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't call the csl a Canadian League because all the teams are only in Ontario. No cares about it either. No one cares about it either. I live in St. Catharine's and I'm a football fan and many of my friends are football fans and I have never heard anyone ever discuss the Club Roma Wolves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

I've been wanting the Faroese league in for years. It would be a fantastic challenge since I've managed the Faroese national team countless times, including taking them to the World Cup once. That would have been so much more fun had I been able to develop Faroese players at a Faroese club at the same time.

Personally I'd be happy enough if SI removed the French league and put the Faroese league in instead icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am currently managing the Faroes now and it's the biggest challenge I've ever had. I jumped straight ito Euro qualifying and narrowly lost 2-1 to Lithuania in my first game and 4-1 to France in my second, rather unfortunately it has to be said after Landreau bailed them out a few times. The national pool is full of 36-46 year olds and you have to search really hard to unearth some real gems. I've got my sites set on Ciesliwicz who is 15 and on his way to becoming a star, can't call him up yet though because he is too young.

So far this season has been... interesting. icon_eek.gif

My main attempt came in CM03/04 where it took me 8 years and 4 qualifying campaigns before I finally qualified for a major tournamant. There we lost disappointingly to Saudi Arabia and Colombia before going out in a blaze of glory (we were already unable to qualify from the group) by beating Argentina 2-0. The qualifying competition for that World Cup (2018) was one of my all time highs in CM/FM though - I'll never forget the astounding 1-2 win in Portugal (who went on to contest the next two major international finals) that made the qualification possible.

Then we pulled off the most unlikely of qualifications for Euro 2020 by winning our last 3 games to come from 5 points back. We beat a few good teams in our group and France in the knockout stages before losing to an invincible Scotland side (also managed by me and containing ~15 Ross County players who had just won the quadruple and had 4 Champions League titles to their name). I still believe that if I hadn't been managing Scotland and Ross County that the Faroes would have won 2020, but I just couldn't bring myself to resign from Scotland and Ross County was the original focus of the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Internet:

There's a Faroese database available on the Editors forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a link for this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gimpyn00b:

Yes, actually there is a league in Canada called the Canadian Soccer League. There are only 3 Canadian teams that play at a higher level than that (Toronto FC, Montreal Impact, and Vancouver Whitecaps) and every team below USL 1st Division is lower than the CSL. Is there some way you know the level of play is poor? You didn't know there was a top tier league so you'd be hard pressed to explain how you know about their level of play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't call the csl a Canadian League because all the teams are only in Ontario. No cares about it either. No one cares about it either. I live in St. Catharine's and I'm a football fan and many of my friends are football fans and I have never heard anyone ever discuss the Club Roma Wolves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because most people think it's a Women's league, because they play like Girls. Must like MLS. icon_wink.gif

Archived