Journalists

A couple of questions on journalists in-game that I'm not really sure of.

1-Have the journalists got names other than 'A Journalist'? I haven't seen any real names for journalists as yet, and surely it wouldn't be that difficult to implement.

2-Aren't you supposed to build up relationships with certain journalists? I haven't seen this yet, but I have only managed at Lower League so far, so maybe it is only at a higher level.

I must say that i do love the Press Conferences feature, and have been to every one so far.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

To quote Nick - one of the coders who works on press conferences;

Real media sources can't have real journalists for legal reasons. You can create media sources and assign journalists to real media sources via the edt files.

I'm fairly sure there's some community-created media edit files floating about already, could be worth checking the editors forum :thup: Hope that helps.

• SI Staff

Journalists do develop relationships with managers - it obviously takes time to establish though as they get to know you and the way you answer questions. Fake journalists won't have personality or relationships for the reason as quoted in a post above.

I believe there are some enthusiastic people in the FM Community creating media files with real media sources and journalists. More details here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=58935

Archived