Standard Leige.

Hmmm After all 34 games the season finished like this : standaerdqs1.jpg

w1680.png

But then i have this a Pro league Play off...:

proleagueplayofftm1.jpg

w1680.png

Anybody care to explain.. Surely i should have won the league by goal difference alone...

Even in the Rules on the Pro League page it doesnt tell my about these play off.

Aye just done a little searching and this : "If teams have the same number of points and wins, a test-match is played in two legs to determine the final order in the standings (it is actually played only when teams are involved in relegation, title or European fight)." Is what i got from wiki.

As mentioned, it is indeed a 2-leg test match.

But you'll also see the Belgian league rules change this season. I don't know by heart how they are exactly, but I remember this:

- playoffs after season to decide european places (something like the system in Holland)

- the first season there will be 4 teams relegated, because the league changes from 18 to 16 teams

it's quite a useless change in my opinion, but I'll wait & see...

btw nice league finish, zulte waregem is a big surprise :)

Aye just done a little searching and this : "If teams have the same number of points and wins, a test-match is played in two legs to determine the final order in the standings (it is actually played only when teams are involved in relegation, title or European fight)." Is what i got from wiki.

yes that's right that's the rule here. doesn't matter how many goals you got for ar against, but i have no idea what happens when 3 teams have the same amount of points.

Archived