Game not 'launching' using STEAM....HELP PEASE!

Hi all

Apologies if this has been answered elsewere on the forums but there are tha many pages to the problem threads, that having spent the past 2 hours trying to load the game i havent the time to spend 2 more hours searching through threads!

Anyways problem i have is although game is installed using steam, the game wil not launch in any way, sharpe or form. Ive created a desk-top short-cut which dosnt work either, and even unistalling steam dosnt work.

Now i'm not overly technically gifted in the in's/out's of computers (but surely that should not matter if all i want to do is play a football manager game, right?). Before this ive never heard of steam nor no exactly what it does. Bottom line is i want to buy a game, install it and play (not to much to ask i hope). I would fully apreicate any help on this problem from you guys out there (and hopefully some response/help from si staff). As i said ive bought this game to load and play, and if it's going to take installing other parts (my lap-top is fairly new so know that isnt the problem) or spending hours on end trying to figure out how to get it loaded. I want to play/keep this game so would appreicate any response

If you have the boxed version you do not need steam, that is your problem there. Forget about steam for now !

Install the game like previous years, Select the option to activate it via UNILOC. This should make it pretty easy for even a 10 year old person to install the game. FORGET ABOUT STEAM for now please, as it is not really needed.

I am pleading for help. I do apologise if I'm on the wrong page but for 24 hours I have unsuccessfully attempted to install Steam. When I attempt to install via steam I get the following message: "steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll" So then I install via Uricom (spelling) when it has installed I double click the FM icon and the activation code prompt comes up. I enter the digits correctly (having gone through the correct key instructions) and it tells me I am not connected to the internet (which I am)

I have Vista, and I went through the instructions to with the certificate and it still wont work. I'm not giving up just yet but I really could do with some help

I am pleading for help. I do apologise if I'm on the wrong page but for 24 hours I have unsuccessfully attempted to install Steam. When I attempt to install via steam I get the following message: "steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll" So then I install via Uricom (spelling) when it has installed I double click the FM icon and the activation code prompt comes up. I enter the digits correctly (having gone through the correct key instructions) and it tells me I am not connected to the internet (which I am)

I have Vista, and I went through the instructions to with the certificate and it still wont work. I'm not giving up just yet but I really could do with some help

Try the following:

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.

Fix:

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

1) Reopen your FM2009 game

2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog

3) Select the “Online” activation

4) Press Next

You game should activate immediately.

If you are install the certificate incorrectly, the error message will still be visible – for more help on installing correctly, please visit:

http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certifica tion%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate

Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.

Thanks for the reply's to the original post howver i now have a further problem!lol

After listing to A.D'S advice of not needing Steam i used his advice and choose the option to install not using steam. This looked as though it was working and a FM09 shortcut has been brought up on the desktop.....however it will not load, as i am getting the following error

fm.exe application error

The application failed to initialize propertl (0xc0150002)

Again would appreicate any help with this also as i mentioned earlier i'm not that techincally minded and so have no idea what this error means/or how to correct it

Thanks for the reply's to the original post howver i now have a further problem!lol

After listing to A.D'S advice of not needing Steam i used his advice and choose the option to install not using steam. This looked as though it was working and a FM09 shortcut has been brought up on the desktop.....however it will not load, as i am getting the following error

fm.exe application error

The application failed to initialize propertl (0xc0150002)

Again would appreicate any help with this also as i mentioned earlier i'm not that techincally minded and so have no idea what this error means/or how to correct it

Try this:

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Archived