The 'movement' arrows on the tactics page

In previous games you have been able to direct this arrow in quite a few different directions. Why can the only move forward/backwards in 1x amount rather than in 2 or 3 in previous versions....am I doing something differently than I should be - using the right click button?

This regardless, is it me, of can you just not get into this game for some reason?

In previous games you have been able to direct this arrow in quite a few different directions. Why can the only move forward/backwards in 1x amount rather than in 2 or 3 in previous versions....am I doing something differently than I should be - using the right click button?

This regardless, is it me, of can you just not get into this game for some reason?

Do search here, you will see now the arrows refer to player's attitude : attack, defend or mix. The arrows dont have the function for player's movement. For example, if you set a MC with an up arrow, however, at individual setting ,you set the Forward Run at min so the arrow will automatic backward.

I'll let Super Bladesman explain for you;

From this topic: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64535

The arrows now refer only to the forward runs setting - rarely = back arrow, often = forward arrows.

A lot of people didn't understand the old system, but more to the point it was completely nonsensical from a football point of view. They told a player to have two positions: one when the team didn't have the ball, and one when they did. It made no sense. It did NOT refer to movement, simply to a mad charge between two positions irrespective of what was happening in the game. When the arrows were removed, the match engine suddenly started to play like real football.

The arrows are not coming back, ever. SI are looking at alternative ways of filling in what little gaps may be left by the lack of arrows, but truth be told most of the gaps left can be worked around already. SI did a lot of work to improve player positioning and movement as well, which covers many of the issues.

The side arrows can often be replicated by playing with the width slider, and getting players to cut inside can be dealt with in a few ways (cross ball rarely, or playing left footed players on the right wing etc).

If you want your full back to overlap, it's quite easy to achieve if you think about it - a forward runs 'often' and a more attacking mentality... kind of makes sense, rather than doing that AND dragging some random arrow up the pitch, eh ;)

I'll let Super Bladesman explain for you;

From this topic: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64535

very well explained but still leaves something to be desired as a change.

seems to me that most teams who play 442 IRL will only have one real winger and the other player tends to drift in and supplement the midfield. other wise team is very open.

now we can't tell one winger to hug the touchline and the other to drift inside (unless that guy is right footed playing on left or vice versa)...not good methinks

seems to me that most teams who play 442 IRL will only have one real winger and the other player tends to drift in and supplement the midfield. other wise team is very open.

now we can't tell one winger to hug the touchline and the other to drift inside (unless that guy is right footed playing on left or vice versa)...not good methinks

Can be partially addressed by getting players with the right PPM's but you're right and Paul C has already said there'll be further development.

Surely this would be replicated by using focus passing to the wing you have the "real winger".

I am still trying to replicate one of my preferred systems though but I'm sure its possible.

Archived