fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

I have been getting this message on my Laptop and despite removing and reinstalling couldn't resolve the issue.

I then read somewhere on here about a shortcut to resolve another problem which worked for me!!

I had changed the game to run in windowed mode and it seems you can only do this twice before the game stops working.

Resolution is to paste -- reset_preferences after fm.exe" in your shortcut target.

If your not techy and have a short cut on your desktop to do this:

1) Right click on Shortcut on your desktop

2) Select Properties

3) Select short cut from the tab at top and then paste into target box after fm.exe"

And Hope fully your game should launch.

If you dont have a shortcut and are on XP navigate to:

STEAM

C:\program files\steam\steam apps\common\football manager 2009: Find FM in here right click on icon create shortcut and copy to desktop.

UNIHOC

C:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2009: Find FM in here right click on icon create shortcut and copy to desktop. I think

Hopefully you should then be able to launch the game again! I have mentioned this to Muzchap from Sega and the will look at this for the next patch! Again thanks to Muzchap for your help on Thursday night to get me Activated and up and running in the First place!

Archived