STEAM better than leaving cd in drive

dogs

Like alot of folks i got error "cant connect" when the steam servers struggled to cope, but once i got installed and playing the game i'm finding the whole FM09 experience good.

A biggie for me which sounds silly is not having to have the cd in the drive all the time. i put alot of nocturnal hours into FM09 as its a great stress lifter and have the. Cd and box packed away. Game loads quickly and flawlessly with out having to wait for the small whirring of your optical drive. I know the Security stuff has p issed everyone off but its a one off hurdle i suppose that when you go through the routine of activiating it,you wont do it again.

Fanboy signing off :D

anyone else finding not having the CD in the drive refreshing

It would be good if I could play it on my Mac without the CD in as I play it on my Macbook which is usually on my lap, if I move much then the slot loading CD drive is known for chewing through my discs.

Although once the game has loaded and I am in-game I can actually take the disc out so I guess it's not too irritating :p

Guest dangermouse99

the really good thing about steam is that all your update,s will be automatically if you want to, i use steam for most of my

games never had any problem in quite happy fm2009 is part of it now.

As a long time Steam user I was happy to hear about SI going with Valve's option and the actual implementation hasn't change my mind on that. Anybody complaining should have a read about the hoops purchasers of some of the recent Electronic Arts games (Spore for one) have had to jump through....

Personally I avoided Steam because it dictates the install location of the actual game and forces it into program files on the O/S partition.

That said, Uniloc option was seamless, the patch was easily installed, and I don't have a dependency on a third party to start the game.

I'm glad I can leave my disk in the box now and not batter it to hell swapping between laptop and desktop.

Archived