Cannot phone activate

Ozzy

I have been trying for nearly 72 hours to activate the game through the phone line,my laptop is not internet connected,I am ringing 08081203655 to which an answer machine tells me that my party is not answering,any ideas anyone

That's not really the point, point is he's trying to do something that he was right to expect would work and it doesn't.

If the option's there, it should work.

Pathetic implementation of a pathetic DRM system, which in the end is losing SI more customers than pirating would.

I had the same problem all weekend. Make sure that you enter the code with CAPS LOCK on for phone activiation. I must admit that even this didn't unlock my game, but the code was accepted. I can strongly recommend going to a wifi hotspot and clicking the internet authentication option. This took 30 seconds after 48 hours of phone activation nightmare!

I had an absolute nightmare trying to authenticate by phone on Friday. I even made an international call to the US authentication line to see if that would work (it didn't). Managed to get through as soon as I got up the next morning (7ish).

My only problem then was that my PC and home phone are not in the same room. I spent 10mins legging it from phone to computer and back (in just my pants I'll add) with scraps of paper and a pencil hoping I didn't get cut off. It was strangely rewarding knowing that I'd worked so hard to get the game going. Still not acceptable, mind.

There has been a problem with the activation via phone which we're desperately working to fix. Apologies for the inconvenience and frustration, I know how tedious it must be.

I'd expect to see this resolved today.

Hi Matt,

Good to see the problem is being worked on. I unlocked online in the end, but the phone system was a total nightmare. I understand that you are all doing your best with the issues, and it is a credit to you.

Whoever is in charge of the phone activation must be sweating today.......

This is stupid now. It's now Wednesday...5 days after the release and still can't get through to the activate by phone. Everytime, it just says 'Your party is not answering'!!! What an atrocious idea by SI that will lose them more customers for next years game than it would from pirate copies!! £30 for a game, which i can't even play -RAGING!!!!!!!!!

My baby sis went out on release day and bought this for her boyfriend who's been a player for years. They're in the same boat as the OP and she is absolutely gutted that her birthday present for him is completely worthless. The shop won't even take it back.

It's absolutely shocking that decent people are being screwed over like this.

If you're having this problem, please PM me with the number you're dialling and the number you're dialling from - I'll have someone call you, and try and resolve exactly what is causing this.

Really sorry if you're having problems here - we're not showing any faults on the system but it appears to just not work for some people.

Archived