A tech-idiot with a question...

Hi there,

I'm not very good with computer specs and all that, and I could do with someone with some brains telling me whether FM2009 will work on my laptop.

I have this laptop: http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Sony-Vaio-FS115E-VGN-FS115E/version.asp with no upgrades, Windows XP and an external hard drive, which will help cope with the massive-ness of FM.

But, is that enough?

----------------

Now playing: BBC Radio 4 - NewsQuiz 14 Nov 08

via FoxyTunes

----------------

via FoxyTunes

Beep. First thing, installing FM09 on external hard-drive WONT make it faster, it will make it anything but. Your RAM seems to meet the minimum requirements to play the game, but i would recommend you get 1GB.

Processer meets the minimum. So does your graphics.

Overall, I'm not really too sure, if you should play it on that, since its just hitting the minimum requirements.

Which could mean it may run very slow.

Yeah it's a pretty old laptop - about 4 years I reckon. Thing is I never use it for anything but email, iPod and playing FM, so upgrading it seems like a bit of a waste of cash!

----------------

via FoxyTunes

I apologise, I misread the first post and thought you were going to buy the one linked for £600+ :p

If you decide to upgrade your current machine its best to get some RAM which is fairly cheap nowadays.

Archived